Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CJ Envy
So last year I had a chance to sample Cascade, on Saturday my son in law and I were the third truck in the Cottonwood parking lot. I had consulted a number of you guys on what to use and the conscensus was cut bait. After landing my first perch on a crawler we made up our chunks. I couldn't land a fish on it but every guy around me was using some sort of variation from a jig or a lindy spoon with the cut bait so I went back to what I use over here in Idaho Falls. At best I would give our perch fishery over here a C. Yours over on that side of the state exceeds all expectations. Those perch in CJ are beautiful. I used different colors of slush bugs with about a quarter of an inch of crawler with one piece of corn. We kept 20 by 11:30. I thought what might interest you guys was that out of those fish only five were with us jigging with a rod in our hands, the others were caught off of our Jawjackers. I had like three guys tell me that they had never seen them before. Get on Jawjacker ice fishing and take a look...he also has those slush bugs I was talking about. The one that did best was yellow with a orange nose. Your perch fishing is a definite A in my book and I'm green with envy to not be closer. Was shocked at the wave off fisherman though. Never seen that many guys on the ice at one time. We counted over a 100 vehicles just in cottonwood parking lot alone. 400-500 people maybe? Thanks for this sites guys giving me some direction, Duck-Slayer and Hook-and-Hunter got me headed in the right direction. Would like to return the favor sometime. Would like some instruction on how to hook up and use the cut bait though. Thanks guys. Here a couple pictures. Oh yeah...guess what? I use two jigs per line and I got a double...that made my day! I apologize I didn't scale down the pictures.
[signature]
Don't remember what advice I gave, but I'm glad you caught fish. Looks like you had a great time.
[signature]
Last week I drilled 1 hole, fished 1 pole, fished plastics, without bait. Blind luck I guess [Wink] [fishon]
http://www.bigfishtackle.com/photos/data...142256.jpg
[signature]
Now that's a batch of perch! Ate mine already
[signature]
We must have arrived there just after you as there were only 4 or 5 vehicles in the lot when we pulled in Sat. morning. My son and I ended up with a 5 gal bucket full of perch and 1/2 dozen crappie, perch were 10-11 inches didn't average as big as they were several years ago when I made the trip up. The second fish I landed was a crappie that I measured 14 inches wished I could have caught a few more like her. Nice day and lots of people. I missed Cascade though not as many perch thru the ice for us but they were sure some dandies last Jan. when the Mrs. and were up there.
[signature]
You must have been the three that walked all the way to the narrows
[signature]
Not sure my exact advice, but i'm glad you caught some fish and enjoyed yourself, wish we could have hooked up Taz and Packfan, but with all those people both Sat. and Sun. it would have been hard too know who was who...... we caught some fish but apparently we were not on the fish like you were. Awesome report,
Matt
[signature]
No we came out on a black Polaris snowmobile. We sat up two Eskimo tents, from what I could see I think I had the only snowmobile out there don't know about the folks in the narrows.
[signature]
P.M. answered
[signature]