Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Idaho boat license
Has anyone in Idaho received the boat license form for 2017? I have not, and it seems to me that it's later than normal.

Physion
[signature]
I have not, didn't receive one for my camper either.
[signature]
I received mine about a month ago.
[signature]
Just go to the courthouse and get everything licensed and your done. One stop shopping no waiting. Always license mine before the end of the year so I can continue duck hunting new years day
[signature]
There are some new guidelines. Certain boats have to have hull inspections. Don't know all the details, I haven't got my renewals either. I'm busy ice fishing. 😀
[signature]
I recieved mine , but you will need to take proof of the HIN with you. I took a picture of the hin and showed it to the person and had no trouble. This is a new requirement from homeland security. The sheriffs office has to verify the title and number for each boat before renewal.
[signature]
I never got a renewal notice either but got my sticker today at the DMV. Seems like mine was new enough, 2007, and titled so no inspection was required. $290 to license all the toys today 🙅
[signature]
Be VERY grateful. $290 in Utah would only license one toy.
[signature]
Thanks for all your help. I emailed Idaho Parks and Recreation with my boat information. They got some additional data from ITD, completed the paperwork for me, and replied to my email. Today I called, gave Parks and Rec my credit card number, and the boat tags are on the way. They were very helpful. I could have gone to the DMV but this was more convenient. My two boats are old, small, and don't have titles. That made it easier for me. The water is a bit hard right now, but I always try to take care of this detail early. I was also told this is a one-time process and that we will get the normal notification next year.
[signature]
I hadn't received my renewal card yet either and with this nice weather I called Parks and Rec this morning and with the new National Coast Guard ordinance they just need to update some information and she took care of me took my credit card numbers and my stickers are on the way[fishon]
[signature]
I have never had my pontoons numbers on the licence. I went in with my numbers and pictures of the numbers on the boats.
At first the fat mean DMV lady decided to run me around but in the end she settled down and got it done.
[signature]
After reading your post, I called and gave the info they needed. I got the tags yesterday in the mail. Only way to fly. Easy Peasy!!
[signature]
Today I got another letter from the parks and rec. I have my 2017 in hand and they are telling me I am not in compliance. Now I have to call them.
[signature]
I have been calling for 3 days , nothing but busy signal.
[signature]
I was able to get through. The sticker for one of my boats was showing on the computer as not being sold. There was a ton of confusion because my pontoons don't have a title and I don't have a bill of sale. I told that that on inflatable pontoons they are not given a title. They don't need a title and they only need registration if they use a motor. SHe put me in touch with her boss and I went through the whole thing again. Finally she said to use the sticker and have a good day. I don't know if she kicked the can down the road or if she fixed it. It took me several days to get it done.
[signature]
[quote idahoron]Today I got another letter from the parks and rec. I have my 2017 in hand and they are telling me I am not in compliance. Now I have to call them.[/quote]

I also got the letter after they issued the stickers and registration. The letter crumbled very easily and helped light the wood stove this morning.
[signature]
He guys,
Just thought I would let you know that you don't need to take your boats to the DMV or courthouse for a HIN inspection. The DMV now sending out forms that have a unique identifier and you can now just self certify your HIN. If you have any questions just call the DMV and they can probably help you save a trip into town with your boats.
[signature]
I also received the letter after purchasing/renewing registration.
I'm thinking I should be fine until next year...
[signature]
I finally got through on the phone . My HIN number was entered wrong on my title when I bought the boat new In 1999 . The first 3 letters were supposed to be NOR and was entered N0R . Was supposed to be all letter and had a zero instead of an O for the second letter . Now I have to take my title into dmv for a replacement.
[signature]