Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roanoke reports
Looks like white perch are hitting. No word on rocks except some caught at the mouth in Plymouth. 4 more weeks till we all can enjoy nice weather to fish. [cool]
[signature]
Had one bass fisherman at the ramp in Williamston. God bless him. It was 45 here today. Too cold for me. I did check out the the ramp in Plymouth. Great place and the current is slow. I'll be checking that out in a few weeks for sure. Looks like a good Lg. mouth bass area.
[signature]
Well I hope your able to get out there soon. Sounds like you found some good areas to check out.
[signature]
Well I checked out the mouth of the Roanoke yesterday and didn't find any stripers. Trolled two lures for awhile as well as drifting with worm and cut bait. They just aren't in yet. Couldn't hook up with even some white perch, but a great area to check out for future bass trips. Today I stayed in Williamston and headed for my favorite hole. Caught three cats right of the bat in first 45 mins, then the bite stopped. All small 12-14" fish. Had fish jumping around me at times but again no hookups with worm. Only assume they we're perch as some reports of them being caught this higher up in the river. Water was very low, lowest I've seen. But I'm a new guy here. I'll try again next week in both places and just pray they come in soon. [fishon]
[signature]
Good to read you are at least catching some fish there this early in the boating season. My local lake just shed its ice cover this week, hopefully I'll be able to get on on the soft water soon. Thanks for the report Gregg.
[signature]
Still a big learning curve here for this northern boy. Hopefully the perch and Rocks will be in heavy in 3-4 weeks. I use to head north on April 1, no more. [cool][fishon]
[signature]
Shad are jumping around but none came to the boat. Headed down to Plymouth yesterday and will try in Williamson Wed. Hope it gets better. Maybe I should take up crappie fishing. LOL[Sad]
[signature]
Thanks for the post Gregg, any idea why the shad are jumping? I've been seeing fish jumping in one of our local lakes that have shad and was wondering if they could be shad, getting ready to spawn soon[:/]. Any luck at Williamson yesterday?
[signature]
Except of snagging one on the back it's still Sad. I'll be back on the water Thursday, but I don't have a lot of hope. Fishermen all over the place but same reports of 1 or fewer fish caught. Even my cat holes are slow. [Sad] But with the weather in the low 80's I still enjoy the day in April. I'll be back at Jamesville in am. T dog is enjoying the boat better now, so it's all good. Good luck to all.
[signature]
Well that sucks, what is up with the catching this year. We had one good day two weeks ago but then it went down hill again[crazy]. Whats the water temps up to there now?
[signature]
Water temps are in the low 60's but the river has been up for almost 2 weeks and Thursday I found a new hole that produced a lot of catfish , white perch. So I hope the slump is over. Caught another rock fish but it was all of 8". [Sad] I'll be out twice next week and keep at it. Try further south early next week. But fishing in 82 degree is great for this old Yankee. LOL Even my dog has taken to it.
[signature]
Not bad, considering we are still in April, I bet we start seeing a change in the temps here, too. We keep getting these storms coming through but that has got to be changing soon. Glad to hear you are catching some cats and White perch, do you have any pics of them? 82* temps, that awesome, we are a ways, away from a warm up like that but it will be here too, soon, I'm sure. Good luck next week Gregg.
[signature]
Hope to get out Tuesday and Friday next week. We have April only to keep our stripers for the month of l so I'm under the gun to get any in the freezer. Not looking good, but look hopefully at catfish in the new honey hole. Hope all the fisherman every where have a great spring season. I do love retirement. [cool]
[signature]
[quote gdn443]Hope to get out Tuesday and Friday next week. We have April only to keep our stripers for the month of l so I'm under the gun to get any in the freezer. Not looking good, but look hopefully at catfish in the new honey hole. Hope all the fisherman every where have a great spring season. I do love retirement. [cool][/quote]

Oops, hit the wrong button on your post, sorry about that.
So how did you do Gregg, any luck on the stripers or have you started going after the cats in the new Honey Hole now?
[signature]
Heavy rains down here have flooded the rivers to over flood stage. It will be another two weeks at least time things calm down. Never made it out but the run was nonexistent. It's lg. Mouth and Cat time.
[signature]
Well thats too bad, hope it settles down soon, so you can get out after some fish.
[signature]
Higher today than in past week. Need to take a ride to find a lake, tough here in this end of the state. But the itch is strong to wet a line. I'll keep you informed. [fishon][Sad]
[signature]