Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Ririe Thread
Kokanee are King. Ice is about 12" and nice and clear. Fish are biting on pink swedish pimples, pink buck shots, small P-K lure and chartruese green swedish pimples. All are tipped with shoe-peg corn. Fish are running in schools from 15-40 feet. The dock is accessible off the end for atv's.

Time to get on the ice this weekend.
[signature]
my brother said you had a lot of company at your spot friday. trying to get ove the crud so i can get back out there. hope the draw down doesn't screw things up.
[signature]
Thanks for the update! i havent been out since MLK day. need to get out his week. are they still biting later in the day?
[signature]
my brother said that they are
[signature]
Alright sweet thanks
[signature]
Fishing was slow today and only caught 15 between two of us. Snowed about 4" while we were there. Didn't appear they were letting water out so the dock and ramp are still usable. Still have about 12" of ice that is nice and clear.

Guess we'll try it tomorrow and see if the fish are more active.
[signature]
Anyone get out today [fishon]
[signature]
went to look today about 2 about a dozen on the ice three wheelerson the ice.ice broke up at shore by dock but not a problem.wheelers going off the end of dock .three by the line most by the private dock.talked to a couple guys ,ice still 12-14 in the middle fishing slow. no problem with the draw down causeing the ice to move. probably more coming in than they are letting out.
[signature]
Thinkiing about going tomorrow anyone been out today
[signature]
Very slow bite. Two of us fished for five hours and only caught one fish. There is a crack off the end of the dock which we managed to get a four wheeler over, but if it widens it may be impassable. Ice is still 12" but the wind is dishing it out on the surface. The next couple of days weather may mend the ice by freezing it again.

Wish you the best on Saturday.
[signature]
I just wondered if I could get a report on the ice conditions on Ririe. I am not sure if I want to make the drive if things are not safe. I will be going with my Dad who does not get around as easily as he used to. So a report on how slick it is as well as how thick and strong it is would be helpful. Thanks.
[signature]
Went out yesterday (Tues.), going out again tomorrow. The ice was 8-10" thick but got thinner over by the dam....I heard a guy say as little as 4" over there. I did not dare take the 4-wheeler out so I walked. It was REAL slick, I won't go without cleats or ice spikes on my boots right now. Fishing was slow. Caught a few cokes and a perch but nothing to write home about. Gorgeous warm weather though. Not a bad way to spend the day off work, whether catching or not[Wink]
[signature]
Fishing today (Friday) was really slow. Ice conditions was slick and about 8". Ice cleats are a must for safety sake. Ice may not last to the end of February. You can still access the ice from the dock off the end with ramps.
[signature]
It is 37° and raining now. Just left. Bad conditions
[signature]
Where was everyone yesterday? Only four fools out in the rain and wind. I caught 8 and gave them to the three other fishermen. Still got access off the dock and the ice is 7-8". Today looks and feels like yesterday so am waiting until Wednesday to go out again. The wind is really blowing and gusty at my house. The ice will be gone by the end of the week if it doesn't cool off. Catch them while you can.
[signature]
Went to fish off the ramp and dock and the ice has melted away from the dock. Can still access the north mooring dock, so will have to rig up a little lighter with a bucket, poles, hand auger. Not many days left since the ice is leaving the sides and is 300-400 yards from the face of the dam.

May be the end of the season if the camp host locks the gate to the north mooring dock. I have gotten 6 weeks of ice fishing on Ririe to date. Already looking forward to next year.
[signature]
my brother said that they launched a boat at ririe and was busting up the ice along the edge so you can't get on the ice. said theres a lot of open water. probably best .we did have a great year to!
[signature]
Went out this morning early to fish off the mooring dock, but alas the County did break up the ice around both docks. The End.
[signature]