Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Lake: 2-4-2017
Fished Bear Lake yesterday and today. Not the most stellar fishing days ever on the lake, but the weather was warm and we managed a few fish. Yesterday we fished on the southwest side north of the rest stop. Ice was 4 inches or so, but the top inch was cloudy. Overnight it rained, snowed, and the wind blew, and it never got below freezing, so the ice deteriorated a bit. We fished today at the pump house on 5-6 inches of ice, but at least half of that was cloudy, slushy, and soft and the darker ice underneath was also pretty soft.

The condition of the ice has deteriorated to the point that I won't be going back unless we get some cold weather to firm things back up. If you choose to go out, use caution. There are areas where the ice is not consistent. We fished for a little bit at second point yesterday afternoon and found some places where the spud bar went through pretty easy right next to the solid stuff we were fishing on. I took the second photo at the pump house when I left at about 12:30 this afternoon. The ice looked like it was late March instead of early February.
[signature]
Did you get into any trout
[signature]
The first picture is the only fish we caught today. It went just over 9 pounds. Quite a few bites today - but only one hook up. Yesterday we caught a few more including a couple of cutts.
[signature]
Great info. Thanks! And nice Mac [Smile]
[signature]