Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard bay new rock structure..... help
So I have a handheld Garmin GPS. I tried putting in the coordinates from the Willard Bay state park website to find that new area of rocks to possibly ice fishing that location. The project is located at the GPS coordinates 41 21.353’ W 112 05.184’ . So there is no N or S on the front of that location, and my handheld first asks for N or S then the numbers, then E or W then the last set of numbers. Is this coordinate wrong for this structure? I cant enter the coordinates the way they are listed above. Someone who has knowledge of what is wrong, please help. Putting it in the way I did shows the structure straight out from the marina to the west and I know it was dumped south of the marina entrance.
Gabe
[signature]
The first coordinate is the North, so N 41 21.253
then W 112 5.184
[signature]
Yes that is correct, straight out the south marina channel about 309 yards. Then west, it's straight out from the trees at the campgrounds. It will go west for a few 100 yards, and be a little bit random, or spread out ok now please let me know what happens. What you find fish?? Maybe a PM message.
Doitall
[signature]
So, that is just a bit off. You say its N 41 21.253 and the website 41 21.353 ??? Maybe that is the problem???
Gabe
[signature]
I was watching when they was dumping the boulders in my boat got as close as possible before I marked it on my GPS it is pretty close to what the others are saying
[signature]
I simply marked the two Bouys placed when they were dumping the boulders. The actual dumps locations are piles of rock between the Bouys not a real wall of rock.
They are more like separate piles of rock. Wish you luck!!
[signature]
I am new to the GPS world and didn't realize I couldn't enter the coordinates the way listed on the state Park site. The settings are correct and now I can enter correctly. If I get the green light from the Mrs. I will be headed to that location in the morning and will post a report. Thanks for all the help.
Gabe
[signature]
Did you get the aproval to go to Willard tomorrow?
I sent you a pm did you get it?
If you go I'll meet you there, just tell me the time
. Doitall
[signature]
Be extra careful lots of water coming in and lots of open water 300 yards out.
[signature]