Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Utah lost Patagonia and likely other Outdoor Retailers
Unlike Dubob, I don't really feel that way about the older population. I can just see that this argument wasn't going anywhere and I'm tired of being disrespected and I'm tired of him disrespecting over 50% of the population. That's the only reason I finally caved in and decided to say mean things about him. I think everyone can tell his overall disrespect for not only me, but for liberals and democrats in general. News flash...more people voted for another candidate and that's not even counting people who voted for third party candidates on either side. All dubob and some people in society are trying to do is create total division. It's beyond obvious by the way he addresses one side what his agenda is.
[signature]
[quote FishingLunatic]Unlike Dubob, I don't really feel that way about the older population. I can just see that this argument wasn't going anywhere and I'm tired of being disrespected and I'm tired of him disrespecting over 50% of the population. [font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]Unlike you, I don't make rash generalizations about what you may, or may not, feel or think about anybody else. The only disrespect I have on here is for your demeanor, attitude, and brash insistence that your point of view, and only your point of view, is valid. Just like most children. [/#800000][/font]That's the only reason I finally caved in and decided to say mean things about him. [font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]That's what children do; they cave and throw a temper tantrum when they don't get there way.[/#800000][/font] I think everyone can tell his overall disrespect for not only me, but for liberals and democrats in general. [font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]I have family members and many friends that are registered Democrats and we generally have civil, adult conversations about differences on political philosophy. They, unlike you, are willing and able to accept that my facts are valid but disagree they are right for society as a whole. Children don't have that ability. [/#800000][/font]News flash...more people voted for another candidate and that's not even counting people who voted for third party candidates on either side. [font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]News flash - President Trump had a majority of the Electoral College and has been officially declared the WINNER! Get over it! [/#800000][/font] All dubob and some people in society are trying to do is create total division. [font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]I'm not, but the libtards sure as Hell are. Riots, destruction of property, inflicting bodily harm on individuals with differing political philosophy being shown on the nightly news almost daily. Show my just one video of any such lawlessness when bozo was elected in 2008 or 2012. [/#800000][/font]It's beyond obvious by the way he addresses one side what his agenda is. [font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]You have absolutely no clue as to what my 'agenda' is and even if I told you straight up what it is, you'd disagree and throw a childish temper tantrum calling me a liar.[/#800000][/font][/quote][font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]When you finally grow up and actually open your mind to the possibility that there are other, valid viewpoints that exist out there, even if you disagree with the premise of the viewpoint, come join the civil discourse in which most adults participate. The bottom line here is this: if you want respect, earn it![/#800000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#000000]
Quote:1 Corinthians 13:11 - When I was a child, I spoke and thought and reasoned as a child. But when I grew up, I put away childish things.
[/#000000][/font]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
That's absolutely ridiculous. "The only disrespect I have on here is for your demeanor, attitude, and brash insistence that your point of view, and only your point of view, is valid". My demeanor was professional up until my last post. As you later would go on to say "there are other, valid viewpoints that exist out there, even if you disagree with the premise of them". You weren't disrespectful towards me and democrats/liberals because of our demeanor. You were disrespectful since the beginning and not just the last post like me because you are a complete hypocrite of what you just said above. I am open to other people's viewpoints and listen to them. It doesn't mean I'm going to believe them or agree with them but I give everyone a chance to speak. I spoke first and you nor anybody had to say anything let alone say things in a manner that lead to a debate.

"They, unlike you, are willing and able to accept that my facts are valid but disagree they are right for society as a whole." After I spoke, you chimed in and whether intentional or not, you mislead some people. This absolute biggest lie is your tried putting words in my mouth...I never said the sky was falling. You had what you would call a temper tantrum and put words in my mouth. Secondly, you tried citing the number of retailers as the number of sponsors in an effort to make the significance of 5 retailers dropping out less. Third, you tried to bring 2016 outdoor shows into the equation when A) there was more sponsors that year because they are different year to year and B) Outdoor retailers weren't talking about not coming to the Utah show in 2016. Fourth, you tried to underestimate the number of retailers that would be lost by those 5 groups dropped out; when we used the numbers YOU provided, the average number of retailers per sponsor turned out to be close to 100. when you multiply that 100*5, that = 500...a lot more than your original claim of 50. Fifth, you literally were saying you didn't believe stuff that me and sinergy were telling you that literally came from a land transfer analysis report....you're being like the type of person that would say you don't believe smoking cigarettes causes cancer or something J/A like some people can smoke and not get cancer.

You were the one not accepting facts, not me. I probably wouldn't agree with your or some other people's philosophy for what you "disagree is right for society as a whole". In this case, I wouldn't have agreed with your perspective which i'm assuming is something along the lines of that these outdoor retailers threw a hissy fit and shouldn't have announced they were going to withdraw from the show. So, I actually agree with your quote of "facts are valid but disagree they are right for society as a whole". I have more of a problem with you trying to argue against the facts in the 5 main points I addressed above than your presumed interpretation of the way the five outdoor retailer groups handled the situation. I don't feel like you did the first half of your quote of "being willing and able to accept that my facts are valid but disagree they are right for society as a whole".

About the Obama situation....this years election compared to 08 and 12 is an apples to oranges comparison. It's not justifying their actions by any means, but protester's aren't mad that a republican won...they are mad because Donald Trump won. It wasn't like it is today back when George Bush won before Obama took office either. Anyways, here is a video of people burning a flag as a Obama/Clinton protest. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wh5tsfJnYj4 Trust me...you can find more while Clinton was running or before Obama started both of his terms if you look hard enough. Anyway, like I said before the actions of some of these protests are inexcusable and I'm not justifying their actions but the people aren't mad a republican won...they're mad Donald Trump won; this is an apples to oranges situation with Obama.

To be honest this thread was meant to be more like a current event and not meant to turn into a debate. I'll probably comment if I see a fishing post/story that I like of your's Dubob. But I'm not going to be spending this much time on the internet arguing anymore.
[signature]
[Image: 103.gif]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
[quote dubob][quote FatBiker]Bob, precisely my point. The cleaning station still isn't fixed after a bunch of folks led by you (thank you) brought it to their attention.[/quote][font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]Minor point, I know, but the cleaning station is NOT going to be fixed. It's going to be replaced. Just a tad more involved and I expect (hope) it to take place this Spring.
[/#][/font][/quote]

Good news Bob, just got back for the South marina, at Willard and low and behold there was a brand new fish cleaning station sitting in front of Willy's trailer, in the camp ground. Willy is the camp ground host there for the last two years and has been done a great job of taking care of that place since he took over.The vault toilet is finally open, thanks to him and he claimed they will be installing the new cleaning station within the week, yahoo.[Smile][cool] Hopefully that means sometime in the next month it will be finished. Just though you and Larry might be interested.
[signature]