Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blackfoot Reservoir
Looking for any reports on Blackfoot Reservoir. Thinking about trying that in the morning.
[signature]
Went to BF Res. on Sunday. Fishing was better than expected, we landed 12 with the biggest around 5 lbs. Mostly cuts with a few bows. Three layers of ice, top was about 2-3" thick, 6" of slush, 3-4" of ice then 2-3" of Slush and about 8" of ice. It might be a little messy this weekend if that top layer gets soft.
[signature]
Nice report, thanks for posting... Has it been as cold up there this week as it is down south? Temperatures below freezing most of the time this week, with lows in the low teens... Highs verily above freezing around 34.... Our ice was pretty much gone last week, but we're hoping for a resurgence for one more week at least if the temps stay cold till the week end... If not I may have to come up north and try it... Thanks J
[signature]
Buddy went Thursday to poison creek and the dam. 6 of them had 4 bits and 1 hook up. They went in on sleds. 20+ inches of ice. Still winter on the Blackfoot Res.
[signature]
Hey that's great to know, I dropped through the ice as I was crossing my plank yesterday so it's officially over on the Cache Valley ponds for me. Lucked out and didn't go over my boots but sure could have. Thank you. J
[signature]
Back up on the BF Res. today. 4-6" of new snow on the ice and the holes we drilled from last weekend were still open. Fishing was slow, ended up with 3 cuts and a bow. Fish sure look healthy and fight good. Didn't mark alot of fish this weekend. It was 12 deg and 15 mph wind. Still winter there.
[signature]
Thanks for the report RJ. Good to read about a successful outing.I'm guessing the water level is still lower than that of the ice as you didn't report any slush?
[signature]
Thanks for the report, it's good to hear of ice still intact. I'm heading to the Uintas next weekend, but the week after I may still try to find some ice. Thanks J
[signature]
Well back on BF Res. again this weekend. Ice is holdup pretty good but starting to get soft on the edges. Still 20" + of soft ice and last weekends holes only had about 1" of ice in them. Looks like you can start to see open water out towards pelican island. Catching was a lot slower this weekend. Buddy hooked two and lost both, one was a big fish! I only marked 4 fish two of which only gave me a complementary bump. We are done for the year, shit is put away until Henry's next year. Time to start thinking about steelhead(hoping) and open water fishing.
[signature]
Thanks for the update, guess I'll hit Strawberry tomorrow then put my stuff away as well. Been twice in the boat so I'm splitting the seasons now. Hard to do both. Fun year though. Thanks J
[signature]