Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pineview on Monday in the AM
Tried PV at browning point, in the am on Monday, the perch were biting but no crappies The edges were sort of solid. going on and there was some opening edges getting off around 3 PM . caught perch all the time we were there in 30 to 40 feet of water. ranged from 6 to 10 1/2 inches. No crappie bite but as usual guys said you should have been here yesterday
My auger broke a gas line so had to do it the hand drill method . I'm getting to old for that. Met some younger fellows that had pics of ginormass tigers one was 48 inches .
I always meet the best people fishing. Any one know if you can still get on Echo? I would like to try it one more time before ice off. thanks
[signature]
Nice report on the perch, how early did you get there is morning? See the second reply on this thread for info about Echo: http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gfo...ead#unread
[signature]
We got there between seven thirty and eight Am .
[signature]
WBestF was with me. I tried gulp minnow (tail end), tipped with piece of night crawler, and then tried wax worm. I caught one with this, but then ended up with a piece of perch belly, tipped with perch eye. As the bait wore down, the bite became more finicky. I would freshen up with more perch belly and a new eye, and things would immediately pick up. I used an elongated glow jig, with a fairly good size hook as glow jigs go. I missed more than I caught, but ended up with 22. All big enough to fillet. Several pretty decent ones. It was a beautiful day, weather wise. As WBestF said, apparently the crappie were present yesterday, but not today. Somebody called ahead and warned them we were coming.
[signature]