Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2017 Quagga Mussel Issue
So everyone knew last year the impacts and potential issues with the Idaho Boat Inspections around the Preston Area. Well it doesn't sound good state wide for anyone. The state is saying they don't have the money to keep the current program funded and looking like those of you out of state who bring your boats to Idaho to fish, may end up having one hell of a big price increase. May want to get your stickers early before it goes up. And who knows what will happen to the Idaho Stickers.

[url "http://www.postregister.com/articles/news-daily-email-todays-headlines-west/2017/02/16/boat-inspection-program-faces-budget"]http://www.postregister.com/articles/ne ... ces-budget[/url]

I cant imagine what will happen in the Preston area this year with this on the board. They stopped so many from fishing great places last year with their high priced inspections locally, I can just see the canal companies totally just shutting down the boat fishing this year.
[signature]
This may be extreme, but it sounds like there is only one Resivior in Montana that is infected. . Shut down all boating on this lake if you are afraid of it infecting other waters . Then we wouldn't need the 3 inspection station on the Montana boarder . Right now we have an entire County shut down . Franklin County . Looks like a small price to pay for Montana.
[signature]
Don't worry some idiot will sneak them in and then we won't need inspections.
[signature]
Interestingly, I purchased my sticker earlier today. What frustrates me the most is that in Utah out-of-staters who bring their boats to Utah aren't required to purchase a Utah sticker.
[signature]
As long as they keep F&G in charge of zebra mussels, we won't have any.
[signature]
Idaho House passed legislation to increase funding and inspection stations. Had Utah, Nevada and the Park Service jumped on this when mussels were first found in Powell and Mead we wouldn't have these problems. But then we all know that environmental protection in Utah is a communist plot.
[signature]
I have always payed $30. for the out of state boat sticker. $22.??????
[signature]
I took a drive out to Foster and Glendale this morning after purchasing my invasive species stickers this morning. The sign at Glendale stated a current copy of a boat inspection needed to be in possession but not at Foster. I just thought it was weird having different rules for bodies of water so close together. I saw no watercraft on either reservoir.
[signature]
Just out of curiosity, were there barricades up at Glendale? The last I was told, the Canal Companies had not decided as to when they would open the reservoirs or what they were going to charge to launch a boat this year (This included Twin Lakes). Foster is like all of them the last I was informed on this too, you have to have proof of boat inspection which has to be done at one of the "official" boat check stations then you are good to go. The County Sherriff supposedly is going to help the Canal Co. enforce their rule on this, but, I am not sure how without a County Rule or regulation which in past has not passed the county. Good luck and hope there is some resolution to this matter soon as fishing season is upon us.
[signature]
I didn't notice any barricades and no one was collecting launch fees. At Foster the sign just stated electric motors only, the same as it's always been and at Glendale I believe it was no motorized watercraft, invasive species sticker and proof of inspection. I haven't been to the other local lakes since ice off.
[signature]
Yep, barricades on the ramp at Glendale. The last time I was there I was just looking at the sign and wasn't planning on launching. Sorry for the bad info.
[signature]
What happens in the dark comes out in the light.

Meaning.

Idaho
[signature]