Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To haul or not to haul?- that is the question
I wil be heading to Orlando later this week and I may have a little time to wet a hook. But not sure if it would be worth it to haul a rod and reel with me or not...I do have some three piece rods and travel rods that I can take if needs be.
[signature]
Is this really a question! It's not the first of April, but of course you're kidding! Of course, you must fish. Carry your equipment! Post your fishing report. Show pictures of your big fish!
[signature]
I believe its illegal to enter and spend any time in Florida without fishing. If not, it should be![cool]
[signature]
If you are flying, the cost of an extra piece of baggage might be the tipping point. Pack a small selection of lures, and just buy a rod/reel loaded with line at Walmart when you arrive. When you leave, hand it to the nearest kid.
[signature]
Take your stuff, run out to the Indian River or Cocoa Beach and get some fish.
[signature]
[quote remo_5_0]Take your stuff, run out to the Indian River or Cocoa Beach and get some fish.[/quote]

I will be staying at the house of mouse with no transportation (I won't be renting a car). There is a small pond available to fish at my resort stocked with bass and bream.
[signature]
Will you need a Fla license to fish on the mouse property?

If you're not going to leave the property, then ignore my advice about buying a rod. I used to have (wonder where that went?) a telescoping travel rod that collapsed to right at 14" long. A small spinning reel and a box of generic lures stowed anywhere. I used it a lot on road trips.
[signature]
No license since it's private. Although they do charge. $15 per 30 min whether you use their gear or yours. Their gear are cane poles and a bobber. The theming is port Orleans so Louisiana .
[signature]
I think I will take gear. Now do I want my spinning rod or baitcaster. My spinningrod is a 6 pc 6'6" light action Daiwa apollo and my baitcaster son are 4 pc 6'6" Cabela's XML series rods. I have two of these. Heck I might take one baitcaster and the spinner.[Smile]
[signature]
When my whole family did Disney land for three days, two of us took a break. Rented poles took a half day charter, Had a blast.
I'm sure you can find poles to rent. I paid 20 dollars including gear.
The shops will help you choose the right equipment, Do it.
[signature]
Took my family down last year to do the same thing, we rented a car though and I headed over to the east coast for two days and fished south of Melbourne on the ocean edge of the intercostal island and the blues were running, it was really fun for my first surf fishing attempt... If I did it again, I'd forget the mouse and stay on the beach full time, but I'm fishing addicted so don't follow me you'll get in trouble with the rest of the family... PS... renting a car wasn't the best idea, someone hit it in the parking lot of Sea World and took off left me to pay the damages, thank you VISA for covering most of the costs.... Have fun... J
[signature]
Right now I am deciding upon what baits to take along with me. I am only going to need a few items.

This trip is only my wife and I, it's our 20th anniversary trip.
[signature]
I'd just hit Bass Pro and buy them there when you decide what you're going to be fishing for... can't miss with a curly tail grub though... Good luck hope you have a great trip... Later J
[signature]
Ahhh, Disney in the spring, little mice scurrying about with their dream world at their feet...yet they will choose to ask you if you are catching any.
This is not a trip to Florida, this is a trip to Disney. You are excused from taking a fishing combo.

However...there is this bass lake near there called Lake Toho, it has big bass, like 12lbs big. It has lots of bass like 40 fish a day lots. 5 lb bass are "common". If you want to take a day and fish, that is the place. Several reputable guide services are on the lake. Gators offers a "multiple fish" trip and an Uber from Disney to Gators shouldn't be that much, $25 or so. You could catch the biggest bass of your life...
[signature]
Now those are some big bass [cool] I will have to keep that in mind.
[signature]