Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi All
How are you doing? My name is Federico, I am from Buenos Aires. I joined because I have just started with baitcasting and I have a lot of starter questions I believe you can help me with. I fish in the Parana river and it's Delta.

[fishon]
[signature]
Welcome to the site Federico, here is a link to our Beginner board: http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gfo...?forum=328
you can ask your questions about bait casting there.
What kind of fish do you catch in the Parana river?
WH2
[signature]
I have attached a chart with all the local fishes. The most fished are:

- Boga #20 (small / medium)
- Dorado #53 (small / medium)
- Tararira #77 (medium / big)
- Bagre #138 (small / medium)

I currently have the following baitcasting gear:

- Berkley Cherrywood Rod CWC561M (5'6", Medium, 8-20 lbs, 1/4 - 3/4 oz)
- KastKing Royale Legend Reel (12 lbs / 165 yd, 7:0 ratio)
- Several lures from 1/4 to 3/4
- Monofilament 0.38 mm / 17 lb

I am having some bird nest issues. What do you believe the issue can be? Is it because I need more practice?
[signature]
Looks like you fish for big fish. I've used a few bait casters but I'm not as experienced as some members are. From my limited experience bird nest are usually cause when the spool keeps send out line, after the bait or lure hits the water. To correct this problem, you need to put your thumb on the spool, right when the bait or lure hits the water. Give it a try, hope it helps.
[signature]
Welcome to BigFIshTackle.com!

Happy you have decided to join.

[fishon]
[signature]
Thanks! [bobhappy]
[signature]
[quote federicohuman]

I am having some bird nest issues. What do you believe the issue can be? Is it because I need more practice?[/quote]

I have used the Royale Legend and I really like it. It may be that you just need more practice. I recommend tightening the brake and the tension knob down and trying it that way. Once you become more proficient you can loosen them up a bit. With bait casters, it's mostly about practice. Good luck![bobWink]
[signature]