2017 Catfish Contest Tin-Can
Good luck to all you whisker hunters. Stay safe, have fun. [fishin]
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
Thanks for getting that started Forest and good luck to you as well... J
[signature]
Just gonna confirm my bump board still good to go.

[inline "New Bump Board 1.jpg"]

I've put some darker mark lines on the wood in half inch increments, but haven't taken a new photo yet.
[signature]

Cool
Should be fine just make sure we can read the numbers in the picture. That picture is too blurry to read. Hope to have a fun year of it. Glad the reciprocal waters will work for you. Later J
[signature]
That is photo from last year. Will take better ones this year, I hope
[signature]

Cool
Ok no worries, I'm sure it will be ok. J
[signature]
Well they aren't the biggest, but it's a start. Can't believe it has taken me 2 months to get something in the boat as well as on the Contest board. Anyway, a 25" Carp, and a 22.5" Cat caught at Benson Marina today, 14 May.

Made a couple improvements to the bump board (added 2 yard sticks) and got a better camera. Jeff, hope these are better photos than last year.

[#00bf00]Nice job Forest, good for 22.5 on cat and I don't know if you noticed but the carp are part of the open fishing challenge this year and not the catfish contest, so I entered it there for you and entered you in that contest as well... carp 25 points..[/#00bf00]
[signature]

Cool
No, didn't know about the open fish challenge. Guess I will have to check it out, thanks
[signature]

Cool
Have had such a bad 12 trips to Willard so far, decide to just go wash some worms and a couple Benson Marina Carp chunks in the Bird Refuge Bear River. Managed 1 medium Channel Cat. But since it's only number 2 on my board, I'll take it for now.

Channel Cat
Bear River (at the end of the paved road)
19.5 inches
Carp meat

[#00bf00]Good for 19.5 points nice Forest, about time for you to add the big southern kitty... good luck... J[/#00bf00]
[signature]

Cool
Took a 2 day trip to Utah Lake. Was hoping to poach a good 30 incher or better out from under TubeDude and BLK. Didn't happen. Did have a short meet up on the water out of Lincoln Beach yesterday morning.
Full story on general form post later. Didn't get the big 'un I was aiming for but was able to at least finish filling my 3rd Cat slot and the one slot allowed out of my team area, with a 25" Channel.

25 inch Channel Cat
Utah Lake (Lincoln Beach)
Cut White Bass
21 June 2017

[#00bf00]Nice fish Forest, sorry it's just a hair short of 25 so 24.5 points... J[/#00bf00]
[signature]

Cool
For the Small Cat category.

5.0" Bullhead
Bear River Bird Refuge
19 July 2017

My fish, photographed by my wife (her toes) [laugh]

[#00bf00]Awe Forest I was sure that was your toes.... Hey Forest, on this one I'm changing the rules just a touch, since the smallest doesn't fall well into our existing rules I have been going to 1/4" to distinguish the true smallest cat... Your cat is 1/4" bigger than Ahi's so I'm giving you a 5 and 1/4 point.... sorry J[/#00bf00]
[signature]

Cool
Jeff, I kind of wondered how the small cats would be "rounded" up or down. OK 5.25" Good for now.
[signature]

Cool
Made another trip down to Utah Lake today. Got 5 Cats in the area between The Flats and the Springs in about 5 fow. Was hoping to bump my one Cat from out of north team area. Last Cat was a cousin to the one BLK caught recently, just not as long, but just as ugly.

Had a hard time getting the photo in between his thrashing. But I think you can almost see the tape numbers 22....23.....24.....25. His tail tip just a hair over the 25" mark. I know it's a bit blurry. But here it is for what it's worth.

Utah Lake Cat on Nitecrawler
25"
23 July 2017

[#00bf00]Okay Forest good for 25 points, now for the bad news since you only get one from the opposite side we bump your 24.5" fish instead of your 19.5.... sorry about that... J[/#00bf00]

Released
[signature]

Cool
Jeff, I knew that. I hope to get that 19.5 bumped out of Bear River or Benson sometime soon.
[signature]

Cool
Hey Forest, you might even find some bumps at Willard... Pat put me on a nice 24"er over there... I hope the bigger cats start to find our baits... man I'm struggling this year for any size... Sure love the power of a cat pulling though... Good luck on your quest... Later J
[signature]
Another for small cat category. Caught today on Bear River Bird Refuge. I think this one is a true 5.00 inch.

5.0" Bullhead
Bear River Bird Refuge
6 Aug 2017

[#008000]Good job 5 points.... J[/#008000]
[signature]

Cool