Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DC-2/24-25
New to the forum, yall provide so much info for a transplant I got to reciprocate.

Havnt got the boat of storage yet but hit deer creek the last few mornings. Fri was windy, picked quite a few fish throwing rapalas and drifting a egg and worm about 8 ft under. All were small planters except one that reached 18".
Went up Sat, overcast day didnt pick up anything on worm or egg. Tried numerous things until I started throwing small dark jigs tipped with worm. Really fast action and caught numerous healthy sized 18-21" bows. Surprised that I didnt pick up any browns either day. A great day to be out.
[signature]
Welcome to the forum. Thanks for the tip. I've been thinking about heading to D.C. and trying my luck until I can get the boat out. Sounds like there are some nice bows this year.[fishon]
[signature]
did you go by the main boat ramp by the dam
was there any ice on the ramp?
[signature]
I walked out from the dam, there was 4" of snow so I'm pretty sure the ramp would be slick as snot til it warms up and melts. [reply][/reply]
[signature]
Had over twelve inches of snow at the house today. Now it will depend on if they plowit or not.

I will run down and look at it in the next day or two and let you know.
[signature]
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.