Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ordinance Passed for Ririe Res
Just wanted to let everyone know that Bonneville County has passed a Ordinance that you longer can use Snowmobile, Atv and UTV on Ririe Res to ice fish. Was effevtive back on Feb 10, 2017
[signature]
Can you clarify what you tried to say? Are they legal or illegal?

Thanks.
[signature]
It is supposed to say " Can no longer use them "
[signature]
Thank you very much.
[signature]
it must have been to much for them seeing some of us older guysuse them to get out on the ice and enjoy ourselves .cant have that!!!
[signature]
I have not fished Ririe in 3 years . I don't like having to pay to park . I thought that's what the $50.00 I pay to licence my boat was for . I worked 43 years on concrete floors my knees are shot . If I can't use my atv I won't be back ever . That ramp is to steep to drag my shanty up .
[signature]
The next thing will be your boat (BS)
[signature]
its interesting that these special folks that work and are paidby us just decide that this is what they are going to do with out asking us the the people they work for. we haven't been able to use snowmobiles for a long time but using a four wheeler out there doesn't hurt a damn thing. can someone come up with a phone number so we can let these fine folks know how we feel? i know its our fault for not reading the back of the paper.apparently they don't have the cahonys to come on this forum and explain the vision they had to keep us safe on the ice. getting old is not fun and ice fishing is one of the few enjoyments we have and to have young folks stop us really pos me. oh i know they will have a perfectly sound reason . probably want us old guys to fish in a circle off the end of the ramp and have someone from parks and recreation teach us exercises!!!
[signature]
I love your response, [cool][cool][cool]
[signature]
The date of the ATV ordinance corresponds with breaking up of the ice around the docks. They must have really wanted to enforce the new ordinance. Nobody could get on the ice after that and it ended the ice fishing season for Ririe Res. about two weeks early. I would like to see an explanation about the enactment and enforcement of the new ordinance in the Post Register. Maybe that would clarify what went on.
[signature]
Just so everyone understands.... There has been no ordinance passed that bans the use of ATVS for ice fishing on Ririe Reservoir! I suggest everyone read the ordinance carefully.
[signature]
Also... Although I would not go on the ice now myself, there are people ice fishing at Ririe today. They are a lot braver then me!!!
[signature]
How are the fishermen getting on the lake since the ice was broken away from the docks? Did it freeze back?
[signature]
[quote camphost]Just so everyone understands.... There has been no ordinance passed that bans the use of ATVS for ice fishing on Ririe Reservoir! I suggest everyone read the ordinance carefully.[/quote]

So can you post up the ordinance for all of us so we can read and be on the same page?
[signature]
Yes, it froze up again but that was a few days ago when I went out on Thurs. Ice was safe enough to walk on from the end of the dock and then got to be about 5" about 50 yards off the dock. Don't know about now........Probably a bit sketchy but maybe still do-able.
[signature]
I couldn't find the ordinance that was passed, but I did pull this from a draft of what was proposed. Assuming this went through without being edited, this would then be the ordinance. Someone should check to ensure this was indeed what went through though.

[font "TimesNewRomanPSMT"]
Section 1.1: POLICY: It shall be the policy of Bonneville County, Idaho to permit and allow

in conjunction with any regulation adopted by and permitted by the Idaho Department of Fish and

Game and as permitted by the Federal Bureau of Reclamation, ice fishing upon Ririe Reservoir from

the location of the Ririe Reservoir Dam and one (1) mile up lake/stream. Because the area around, at

and surrounding the Ririe Reservoir lying within Bonneville County, Idaho, is frequently used by

those operating snowmobiles, All TERRAIN Vehicles (ATV) and Utility TERRAIN Vehicles (UTV),

it shall be the policy of Bonneville County to prohibit the use of snowmobiles, All TERRAIN

Vehicles (ATV), and Utility TERRAIN Vehicles (UTV), upon any portion of the Ririe Reservoir or

on public lands within a one-quarter (1/4) mile of the median high water mark of the Ririe Reservoir

except for the explicit administrative purposes of Bonneville County, Idaho Department of Fish &

Game, Federal Bureau of Reclamation, and for ice fishermen who are using said snowmobiles, All

TERRAIN Vehicles (ATV), and Utility TERRAIN Vehicles (UTV) for the direct access to and from

fishing sites on said Ririe Reservoir.
[/font]
[signature]
I'm not in the office today, but I will post the entire document of the ordinance on monday.
[signature]
Found the document on my phone, hope the help.
[signature]
thanks for clearing this up for us.
[signature]
[quote staff62]Found the document on my phone, hope the help.[/quote]

Appreciate the attempt, but a good copy that isn't in all directions and in a format that everyone can easily read would be nice. Cant read some of the smaller print the way you posted it. Sorry but some of us older folks cant read the small print. Please repost with a good PDF or other formatted copy that we all can read
[signature]