Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brownlee
What is earliest anybody has had success with crappie in Brownlee. Seens like Mothers day is soonest I have had good fishing at Owyhee
[signature]
I'm not being a wise guy, but it largely depends on what you consider "good".

I fished Brownlee a lot last year. Nearly every week from about March until the end of May.

I had 10 plus fish days in early to mid March last year.

By mid April, 1/4 to 1/2 bucket days were about normal, but fishing was spotty and varied by the hour.

By mid May I had fish jumping out of the water after a crappie jig hanging over the side of the boat (for one evening). It slowly got better as the spring wore on until about mid May, and then it kind of tapered off for me. Still, lots of fish, but was more stable and didn't get better. Oh course, I did quit fishing Brownlee about the beginning of June, so I have no idea what was happening then.

Is that helpful?
[signature]
we've been fishing brownlee a looong time we go the day after mothers day for two weeks. the last two years have been quite good. we've had to run upstream a ways but have had some fill the cooler days.last year we were a little late .alot of them had spawned and moved into deeper water, but by cruiseing the edge we found a lot that hadn't moved..the problem last year was the wind every morning.we got so we wouldn't put the boat in till noon when it died down a lot . looking forward to going this year!!
[signature]
Thanks for the info. I think my first few trips will be in the next few weeks to lucky peak for kokes, then cascade for ice off, then start checking out brownlee in early april.
[signature]
I've had good days in mid March, as stated above it can really get good in the latter part of April on through May. I just looked at IPCO's website and they are drawing Brownlee down to 51 ft below full pool by Wednesday. It looks like with the snow pack, we may have one of those off years that the ACE and IPCO play hell with the reservoir levels.
[signature]