Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
float tube vs. pontoon
[#0000FF]There is no law against having both. And there are some anglers who own boats, canoes, kayaks, float tubes AND pontoons. Each has its positives and negatives...based upon the angler's size, physical condition, preferred fishing methods, favorite waters, species, etc. So there is no clear cut one or the other.

The two quickest comparisons are size/weight and water size/distance. Tubes are great for fishing small waters or small areas of bigger waters. But toons will work well too. Toons are best for handling bigger waters, going longer distances and having optional means of propulsion...like oars and motors. You can go farther and faster in an oar propelled or motor driven pontoon than in a float tube powered only by fins.

I am in the process of doing an update and rewrite on my TUBIN' AND TOONIN' CD/book. Here is a chapter from the old version that is still applicable.

By the way, I have a few years on you and I still prefer a float tube. But I have added a motor in the last few years.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
float tube vs. pontoon - by rusty-hook - 03-04-2017, 04:09 PM
Re: [rusty-hook] float tube vs. pontoon - by TubeDude - 03-04-2017, 04:34 PM