Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Duel (2) Fish finders
I was wondering if any one out there has fished with two fish finders? I'm sure it is done by many.. my Question is I want one on the front of the boat and one in the cabin area.. SO ...does the transducer interfere with each other if there on the same signal... I have a new Garmin and an old Eagle 625,, both are excellent fish finders .. Thanks
[signature]
i run to lowrance fish finders on my boat with no interference. in the past i have used one lowrance and one garmin with no ill effects , so you should be fine
[signature]
Depends on the bottom structure/composition. On Lake Mead I get plenty of interference due to everything being rock for the most part. I run dual Humminbirds and no matter what you can not turn off 200kHz since that is used for your depth reading. SI/DI do not interfere with each other. So either I turn off the console unit when up on the bow fishing or just use SI/DI when on the bow since my 2D view can be messy. Generally speaking most Utah lakes that I visit I have no problems at.

Tom
[signature]
You should have no problem. In the past I have run a lowrance on the front, ducer on the trolling motor and one on the console, ducer on the transom. With my Terrova trolling motor however, and the I pilot link, I am switching to Humminbird sonars.

My buddy has Onix 10's on his rig, with the Ulterra motor. He has Down Scan, Side Scan and 360. They are linked together so that he can see what is on both units at the same time. He can get dual modes, with Down scan, Side scan, or 360 on both. He can run the I pilot link from either the front or the back.

With the modern systems, you can link your sonars together to provide a greater degree of flexibility and give you a better picture of what is going on under water.
I've used two depth finders on my Lund since I bought the boat in 1998. I have one Humminbird at the bow and the transducer is mounted on the lower unit of my Minn Kota electric motor. The other Humminbird is mounted on the driver's cockpit and the transducer is on the right (starboard) side of the stern. Both units are Humminbird of the same model and I've never had any interference problems.

Mike
[signature]
thanks for the comments.. i will try 2 fish finders..
[signature]
I have two fishfinders a Humingbird onix transducer on the back of the boat and a humingbird 998 transducer on the front minn Kota trolling motor.
most of the time I just use the 998 for a map.. If I have both sonars turned on, in water deeper than 50 feet I will get interference on both fish finders
[signature]