Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sunday funday at the berry!
Was planning on hitting fish lake yesterday but ended up at the berry. Fished around haws point area in 28fow. Didnt get set up until around 1030am. Landed 5 cutts in the first hour then it slowed down until the wind picked up around 230pm. Guess the weather got them all stirred up! Landed 20 more from 230-5 and lost another dozen. All cutts in the slot. 3 main lures working for us were: clam leech flutter spoon, vmc orange nymph jig, and white paddle bugs. Fun times for the first berry trip of the season.
[signature]
[quote TheWeekender]

Was planning on hitting fish lake yesterday but ended up at the berry.

[/quote]

Boy did you take a wrong turn.[Wink]
[signature]
Haha! We actually didnt leave the house till after 7 so we decided to fish more than drive and went to strawberry instead
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]Heading up Wednesday. Ice/snow conditions? How thick? I have a snowmobile so Hawes Point not a problem. We might even go to Renegade.[/#800000][/font]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
We got our wheeler to the spot we fished a little passed haws. We were gonna try and get to renegade but the snow was getting deeper the futher we rode and didnt want to chance getting stuck. It snowed last night so im sure its deeper now. Yesterday only about 6" of snow on top of 14" cloudy ice with 6-8" hard clear ice under that. I have a 21" ice scoop and the ice was to the end of my scoop! If it was any thickee we would have needed an auger extension!
[signature]
I went over to Renegade on Saturday. Good thing you didn't try taking your wheeler over. The snow over there was 12 to 14 inches deep. Someone tried it and got stuck or gave up. The wheeler was buried and sitting in the middle. Don't know if it broke down or they gave up and parked it and then finished the ride over with a buddy on his snowmobile. Anywho, when we cruised by, no body was home.
[signature]