Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear L 3-09
Finally got my first fix in for the start of the spring. Met up with a friend that came down from Idaho Falls area and jumped in my boat. It was also a good shakedown trip for my boat after some much needed offseason maintenance. Started out at the rockpile and marked fish in 80' of water. Water temp still too cold at 36F. Couldn't get any takers right off so we relocated to east side. By the time we get there the wind started up and you can now see the sheep in then pasture looking across the lake. After making a northward sweep fighting wind and losing a downrigger weight and not marking fish we decided to head back to the rockpile, a slow going trip now with some 2-3' swells. Wind wasn't near as fierce there so we continued on wetting some lines. It wasn't long after that the lake had laid down to a calm flat mood. We finally got the skunk off with the first fish a 13lb laker and a few minutes later a 3lb native cutt.
[signature]
awesome!!! Wind is always the biggest factor on that lake.
[signature]
Nice Mac, sounds like you earned it... Been wondering about trying a trip tomorrow, but afraid of the W monster... Still may try it and hope for the best... Need to get my boat ready for the new season, got my muscle cert and registration isn't due until next month so I think I'm ready if the motors will start okay... Thanks for the report... Later J
[signature]