Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trout recipes?
Hi Everyone!

Great fishing where I am at! I caught my limit of rainbow trout today, and I was just curious, Does anyone have a recommendation on a recipe for them? Each one is about a foot long, and I got 6.

I will post pictures later.

Any ideas?

Jared
[signature]
Hi there!

Here are some pictures.

Jared
[signature]
As long as they are firm-fleshed and at least somewhat reddish colored I like them fileted and cut up into 1" chunks and battered with "Golden Dipt" brand beer batter. Throw some lemon pepper on them after deep frying and serve with tarter sauce and enjoy! It is imperative that these trout be firm fleshed and pink meat or I can't support how great they will taste.
[signature]
Little trout like those are best cooked whole. Soak the field dressed fish in a brine for 30-60 minutes, dry them off, rub some oil on the skin, put some lemon slices in the cavity and then grill them whole with a little hickory wood on the fire. The brine, the fire and smoke is all the seasoning you need.

If you want the house to smell like fish, you can dredge the fish in salt n peppered flour and gently saute the whole fish in butter. Serve with lemon wedges and a melted butter sauce.

IMHO, trout isn't very good when deep fried.
[signature]