Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Never fished Starvation
My family recently bought a cabin near Duchesne. Never fished Starvation and looking for any tips for both ice and open water. I've heard lots of good stories and want to give 'er a try.
[signature]
Check out the posts a few pages back,a group from BFT went there a couple weeks ago.
[signature]
In the spring, troll diving and floating rapalas in Saleratus and Rabbit Gulch for some very large brown trout. In may and june try crayfish colored crankbaits over weedbeds in the backs of any of the bays for smallmouth bass. In july through october try orange and chartruese (sp) jigs (1.8 to 1/4 oz) on rocky walls and points. Tip with a small piece of nightcrawler and work them on the bottom very very slowly. There are many other techniques, like spinner rigging, that are productive but these are some basic techniques that almost always work for me. Good Luck.

Good Fishing, Kayote
[signature]
Where by Duchesne? I have property north of Duchesne. I am out almost every weekend in the spring and summer. I am going to fish Starvation alot this year. Let me know when you are going out and we could hook-up. I have fished it a couple of times for smallmouth and caught a few little ones.

apsbass
[signature]