Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
license plate on boat trailer
I would like to get my new boat out but for the life of me I can't figure out how to mount the license plate. I have a Lund boat trailer with dual wheels and LED lights. The boat and trailer are 2015. Are there special brackets for mounting to the back side of the LED light?
[signature]
I know I'm not doing it right but I keep my plates in my truck or in the boat. Otherwise they drag and fall off when you pull out of enbankements. I have never been checked or questioned but then again I've never had a double axle trailer.
[signature]
[quote jekern1015]I would like to get my new boat out but for the life of me I can't figure out how to mount the license plate. I have a Lund boat trailer with dual wheels and LED lights. The boat and trailer are 2015. Are there special brackets for mounting to the back side of the LED light?[/quote][font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]Not trying to be rude or mean, but why don't you call a Lund dealership and ask them? And leaving a double axle trailer in a launch parking area without a license plate attached to the trailer is a very big invite for a citation. For the past couple of years, there have been several threads dealing with this posted on here.[/#800000][/font]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
It should mount under one of the tail lights. One of your tail lights should have a clear glass section in the red lens, that is used for the license plate light.
[signature]
so single axle trailers do not need to be registered? I have one and registered and titled it but I guess I didn't need to?
[signature]
If it is over 750lbs it will need to be registered.
[signature]
I did the same thing for years no knowing. Frustrating!!! But they like sending that registration every year 😉
[signature]
I got pulled over in Boulder City, Nv. All trailers are supposed to be registered in NV. Haven't been back since. But I have never had a problem in Mesquite.
[signature]
you never will get checked on a single axle trailer . but if it were a tandem you would receive a ticket at least at willard ,the plate has to be on the boat trailer.
[signature]