Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deer creek today.
Took the kids to deer creek today. First time fishing there. Lots of boats out there. One dwr ranger at the boat ramp who had the range mussel clip for everyone leaving said that I was number 80 getting off the reservoir (around 4:15) and many more boats still out there. Like I said it was our first time so we didn't do too hot but we did manage to catch a nice rainbow on a lipless rapala. Lots of fun, lots of wind, not a lot of fish. Talked to some folks while drying off the boat and it didn't seem like anyone had slaughtered them today.
[signature]
Thanks for your post
and also what you said about decontamination

That is a lot of boats this time of year glad I don't fish week ends
we were there 3/5/ 17 and did good, the rainbows were not that big
but once we started catching them we never went over 5 min. without getting a fish
[signature]
Definitely lots of boats. We ended up with well over 35 all caught on a Curlys Lure long lining on the Charlston side. Everything we caught was little planters, our biggest was a 15"er. Next time out we will be trying a different area, those planters can get a little boring after a while. I thought for sure we could weed through them and get a few nicer ones, but it never happened.
[signature]