Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
0 for Willard
Weather has been so nice, I've been out to Willard four of the past five days. As the title says, I've been skunked every time. At least today, I had something wack my offering. It had been so long since I had a bite, I forgot what to do and what ever it was went on its way. Other than TDs kitty and wiperhunter2s wiper, I've yet to talk to anyone who has caught a fish this spring. Hope I don't have to go to August to break this streak. Thinking tomorrow I might huck the dike with my tube out by the light pole and see if I can make it five of six. Good thing I'm stubborn.

Larry
[signature]
its been tough at willard for sure. skunked yesterday and today. Did hook one today but like yours it spit the hook before I got him close enough to see what it was. I have gotten a few catfish from shore in the north marina. not much else. could be a little early yet.
[signature]
There's Always Time For One More Cast
I got a 12" perch two days ago.
[signature]
[#0000FF]I got a call yesterday (Wednesday) from a BFTer who was on the water at Willard. He is a pretty fair angler who knows the lake well and usually manages to scratch something. But when he called he had already worked several fave areas without a hit.

This guy has good electronics and knows how to use them. He reported seeing little to nothing in many areas...but good numbers in others. Howsomever, whatever was showing up on the screen was not interested in showing up on the end of his lines.

He was surprised by what he found at the "island". Said the top was about 12 feet under water now. But there were absolutely no fish around it. I reminded him that Willard Bay's fish do not carry little GPS units that show the way points for all the spots they hung out in the past. They will be roaming around trying to find comfy depth, temps and groceries under new conditions. It is now the "biblical system"...seek and ye shall find (maybe).

I think I was able to convince him that the problem was not with him...and that it is still early in a cold spring of a transition year...with higher water, etc. I haven't heard back from him. Hope he didn't jump off his tackle box.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
You can add these two to your list as well Larry, caught last Sat. I don't count carp but got one of those as well[Wink].
[signature]
Looks like they spent all winter at a Buffet, nice job.
[signature]
Nice fish Curt, sounds like you have the hot hand on the bay this year.... I guess Ahi has been doing okay for cats as well... Larry I know you'll pull them in soon, just haven't crossed their track yet... We go through this slow time every year and it's tough, but April and May are on the way... get ready for good times... Later J
[signature]
LOL, well I wish I could say I have the hot hand but in fact those two jumbo were caught by another member, Mike4cobra.
[signature]
Looks like you're running with the right crowd for catching fish on the bay. Mike's pretty good at it. Glad you guys are getting some, it gives the rest of us hope. Thanks J
[signature]