Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pelican bay (point) boat launch
Anyone have any idea when they are going to reopen the pelican bay boat harbor? Utah lake

And any clue when they are going to start releasing water out of the pump house. (not for a wile I hope)
[signature]
The harbor parking lot is just a big construction zone at this point. The harbor is not scheduled to be open until the middle of May. They have also roped off the south jetty from being accessed due to the construction work.
The north jetty is clearly inaccessible as that is where most of the work is happening.
[signature]
ya I noticed that Friday was going to just go out on jetty. when i seen the work zone sign. what are they doing to the harbor?
[signature]
If you call the City of Saratoga Springs, they can give you all the information that you want, and some you may not want !!!
What do you mean not want. You hear something
[signature]
[#0000FF]Hoping that SBennett here on the board will chime in. If not, maybe you can PM him. He is in mgmt. for the City Of Saratoga Springs...that operates the marina. He posted a while back that they were dredging out the harbor as well as a channel out into the lake. Not sure what other improvements they are making.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Thanks Pat you have any idea on when they are going to open the gates to the pumphouse i want to see the lake full. At the same time Jr is bugging me to take him float fish down the Jordan
[signature]
[#0000FF]Typically about mid April. I believe that is when the downstream water users' contracts specify they need the water. The key will be how many gates they open and when.

In years with high water and heavy runoff it may open sooner. But hopefully not this year. Nevertheless, those who monitor snow levels and water within say that all the reservoirs along the Provo should hit full pool this year. Works for me.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Hello Pat and fellow fisher people, I hope you are all well.
As some of you know the Saratoga Springs Marina is closed due to construction. We apologize to those who did not know and may have wasted their precious time and fuel to only find our boat ramp closed off. Unfortunately it is impossible to inform everyone of this closure.
The ramp will be closed for approximately the next 30 days in order to dredge the marina 4' deeper. Our goal is to have the bottom of the marina be at an elevation of 4481'. Included in this scope of work is to also dredge a channel almost a half mile out in to the lake to assure water is always in the marina. This underwater 'canal' is to
be 12' wide and also 4' deeper than the current lake bottom.
For your patience with this project, you will be rewarded with a new 'structure' in the lake that fish should find very enticing, both while ice and regular fishing.
Both of these dredging projects are expected to be completed by early to the mid part of May, just in time for Utah Lake to produce hot fishing for the rest of the season.
You will also find a new pump house being built in the inside northwest corner of the marina. The pumps will take water out of the lake to be used as secondary water for the south half of Saratoga Springs.
Unprecedented growth in this part of Utah County is driving this project.
We will try to wrap this project up as quickly as possible so you can all get your hooks back in the water. Our marina is very busy as we do not charge an entrance fee to fish or to just relax in this City property. However,we do charge to launch a boat.
The Saratoga Springs Marina has flush toilets and a fish cleaning station. Our guys work really hard to maintain these facilities for you to enjoy but we could really use your help.
If you see someone putting rocks in YOUR fish grinder or vandalising YOUR restrooms, please put a carp under their car seat while they are not looking.
Thanks, Shane
[signature]
[#0000FF]Thanks for the update. I am sure that the improvements will be well worth the wait. And the next 30 days are still during the spring transition period. If you are open by May 1 that will be fine for most of the fishing ahead.

I tell anyone who will listen that your harbor and facilities are the nicest on the lake. Now if you could only do something about that steep ramp...
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
When do you ever get good news from the Gummit !! You know, " I am from the Government and I am here to help you!!! ".
Thanks Pat, and thanks for help spreading the word.
Trust me, if I could change the ramp I would.
[signature]
[#0000FF]Hey Shane, I am in the process of doing a rewrite on my Utah Lake CD/book. Trying to include updates and new info wherever I can. Do you have any pictures of the construction process going on...as well as maybe an artists rendering of the projected look when finished. If so, I would appreciate it if you could PM them to me along with permission to use them.

We have several of the harbors with projects either under way or planned and I am trying to get in as much as possible before putting out the new edition.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]