Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Work Begins on American Falls Boat Ramp
Just an FYI for those of you that fish and boat American Falls Reservoir:

Bureau of Reclamation released this announcement yesterday regarding work at American Falls Reservoir boat ramp on the west side. Contact the BOR office in Hayburn if you need more information.

Upper Snake Field Office
(208) 678-0461

[url]https://www.usbr.gov/newsroom/newsrelease/detail.cfm?RecordID=58854
[/url]

HEYBURN, Idaho – The Bureau of Reclamation began re-construction work to the boat ramp on the west side of American Falls Reservoir this week. The ramp will be closed to boater and angler traffic beginning Mar. 20 and will re-open Memorial Day weekend.

The ramp will undergo repairs in two phases. Phase one will include repaving of the lower parking lot and the ramp’s approach. The restrooms also will be replaced to meet current accessibility and construction standards that will improve public safety.

Phase two will begin in the fall when low reservoir levels will allow the contractor to remove and replace the old ramp.

“Right now, higher than normal water levels are preventing contractors from reaching the boat ramp,” says Upper Snake Field Office manager Ryan Newman. “To keep the ramp area operational this summer, work will be focused on the ramp’s upper reaches only. The ramp will be rebuilt in the fall.”

Reclamation asks the public to respect signage and contractor barriers during the construction period. # # # Reclamation is the largest wholesale water supplier in the United States, and the nation's second largest producer of hydroelectric power. Its facilities also provide substantial flood control, recreation, and fish and wildlife benefits. Visit our website at https://www.usbr.gov and follow us on Twitter @USBR.
[signature]
Not info that will benefit me personally, but still very good info. Thanks for sharing. I like to see F & G involved here.
[signature]
I know that the company putting the new boat ramp in will do a great job. Those that use the ramp will live the outcome. I have seen the plans and details and it will be significantly better.
[signature]