Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kayak fishing the gorge
Hi guys, I'm new to the forum and figured I'd make my first post. I'm headed to the gorge leaving early tomorrow morning fishing out of myTrident 13 kayak. I'm planning to launch at Anvil and troll as much as the wind will let me. Any advice as to anything and everything from any of you guys with experience fishing the gorge early in the year in a small boat without a downrigger would be most appreciated.
Mike
[signature]
Bag trolling. Throw 1/16 oz. Marabou or tube jigs in backs of bays and shallow flats for nice rainbows. Chance of browns and mac pups also. Tip jigs with a small chunk of crawler to increase hook-ups.
[signature]
Welcome to the board. Back in the 90's I lived in Wyoming. Fished the gorge from Anvil often with good success using a black and orange Meps spinner. Not sure if 20 years later that still works - but you could give it a try. Good Luck
[signature]
If it was me id go in the canyon a little to be out of the wind. If a big wind picks up you could end up clear on the other side of the reservoir and not be able to do anything about it. There are plenty of rainbows and pups in the sheep creek and kingfisher, hide out area. Plus its alot more beautiful there. Just my opinion....
[signature]
Welcome to BFT hope you have a great trip... I'm a little too late, but I'd caution the big water in small boat deal too... Higher walls of the canyons should be a little safer from the wind... Hope you have a good safe and fun trip... J
[signature]
Thanks guys,I'll have to try the canyon next time. The wind wasn't a factor when I started, but picked up pretty good this afternoon.
The fish are biting though. I'll try it again in the morning till around noon.
[signature]
Sounds fun, hope you get some pictures to share. Good luck. J
[signature]
It was a good trip( except for the rain last night while sleeping in a tent).
Lost count of the rainbows and browns, a lot of fun on light tackle. I brought heavy rods with me but they never got used. I only took a couple of pictures and need to study up on how to post them.
Can't wait to get out and try it again.
[signature]
Glad you had a great time... As far as posting pictures goes it's not too bad as long as you just attach them... All you have to do it have them in a directory you can get to and click on them... They don't make you resize them anymore... Just try it and see how it goes.. Good luck and if you have questions let me know? Later J
[signature]
Just experimenting, if these turn out I'll have to start taking better pictures. Thanks for the help.
[signature]
Looks like it worked great, nice yak... Thanks for the pics... J
[signature]