Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transducer question
I was wondering if any of you have switched from your stock transducer to the airmar p66. I'm running a lowrance hds 5 with the wsbl tranducer and was wondering if the p66 would make a noticeable difference. Have any of you tried the p66 and if so is it worth the extra money?
[signature]
I am actually looking at switching to the P66 as well. Currently I have a bronze Thru-Hull 'ducer, but am in the process of switching boats and don't want to remove it.
Airmar makes good stuff and they made my bronze one too. With my lowrance the bottom of the lake would easily get Confused with the downrigger balls. Not sure if that was a lowrance thing a or transducer thing, but since upgrading to a different fish finder its never had a problem with 4 balls in close proximity.
When I get back on the water I'll let y'all know how it works compared to the thru-hull one.
[signature]
I have a HDS 5x and I upgraded to the p66 last year and I think it is better than the original, you will have to change the settings I didnt know which one to use so I just picked generic 50/200 hz because that what I bought if you do the 83/200 then pick generic 83/200 hz hope this helps
[signature]