Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minn Kota Repair
Wanted to let everyone who owns a Minn Kota electric motor that we now have a factory authorized repair tech in Utah again. I have listed his contact info below. I talked to him yesterday and he seemed very friendly and knowledgeable. He said he is an electrician by trade and does this on the side. I will be taking an older Terrova up to him soon that had the steering drive gears go out on it just about the time Swede retired. I've been hanging onto it since hoping something would turn up.
Chase seemed to understand the issue right away and said it was fairly common. He said it would be pretty easy for him to repair that back to new condition. He quoted me about $200 to replace the steering drive box and tear apart the lower drive unit to inspect for water damage and replace seals as preventative maint. I thought that was pretty reasonable to get a $1900 motor back up and running.
It'll be a couple weeks before I can make it up to Heber to drop it off to him. I'll report back once the transaction is complete.

Chase Colby
801-957-7766
1404 N Valley Hills Blvd
Heber City, Ut
[signature]
Sunrise on the water
Thanks Todd, great to know we have someone that can work on them if needed. Knock on wood I guess, I have been running Minn Kotas for close to 30 years and have never had to have one repaired. I just up graded my last one to an I-pilot last spring, hope I have the same good luck with it as I have with the ones in the past.
[signature]
So is this your last week of slavery??? Heading for the continuous weekend??? Not that I'm jealous, but lucky dog.... Later J
[signature]
Good to know Todd, thanks for the info.
[signature]
Wow, Swede retired? I did not know this, as I had used him several times with great success. Regardless of which board, thanks for the update and new information!
[signature]
Good to know. thanks for the update.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]I used his services within the last 6 months with excellent results. He travels out of state (Idaho) for his full time job and we were able to hook up at Sportsman's Warehouse in Riverdale saving me a trip to Heber. I just sold the old Power Drive with Copilot that he fixed for me 3 months ago. His work is excellent. Very easy to deal with and very reasonable with his pricing. We are lucky to have him.[/#800000][/font]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
Yes after 40 years employed by Uncle Sugar it's time to hang it up, turn my fishing days into fishing week days, really looking forward to it. [fishon]
[signature]
Congrats hope it's all you dreamed it would be. Later J
[signature]
Good to know. thanks for the info
[signature]