Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daniels Reservoir
Had the day off today and swung by to give it a try with ice off. Not much to show for it. Water was a tea colored and cold. Didn't see any fish cruising in nor rising. Tried streamers and chironomids of a spectrum of colors without any luck after three hours. Not sure if the water is too cold? Not clear enough? Wrong patterns? Fault of the fisherman? Anyways, open to thoughts and feedback. Nice sunny, relatively windfree day which was nice
Thanks for the report, sorry it didn't produce for you. I would think that they would be coming near the shore by now, maybe the need awhile longer. I'm hoping to make it up within the next couple weeks, hopefully it starts doing better soon!
[signature]
Had the day off today and headed back to Daniels. Water was higher than previous and more clear. Frigid. Saw a few cruising close to shore with the rare riser. Action was still pretty slow for me fishing from the bank. Saw a handful of guys out in boats/pontoons. We'll see if any of them are on BFT and comment
[signature]
I'm thinking of heading there Sunday, hopefully the water warms up and the fish get more active.

Thanks for the post!
[signature]
Sounds good. Post or shoot me a PM. Love to know how you do
[signature]
The water is chilly! We fished today water was 48. Best fishing was in 20' of water using various chironomids under an indicator close to the bottom. Good luck!
BB
[signature]
Thank you! How deep was the bottom?
[signature]
I didn't end up going due to the weather, looked like it was going to be a little breezy. Hopefully in a few weekends after the water warms up.
[signature]
That's odd the fish were so deep still, you'd think they would be in the shallow water warming up.

Thanks for the post! Hopefully the lake will start to wake up with warmer weather.
[signature]
Any updates on how Daniels is fishing right now?

Looks like the weather has warmed up, looking at spending a few days there next weekend!

Kyle
[signature]
Fished Daniels on 5/19 and it was pretty good all morning despite the cool weather and recent storms the few days before. I had to leave around noon but caught at least a dozen with the biggest being 23". Always amazed how the "smaller" ones fight and jump there. Most were on calibaetis nymph and leach patterns using intermediate sink line. I imagine things will only continue to get better as the temps improve and the damsels start coming out.
[signature]
Thanks for your report!
[signature]
Thanks for the update!

Did you happen to try any midges under an indicator? that can be pretty effective there too!

Its great to see you catch a 23" fish there, I didn't know they got that big in Daniels.
[signature]
Did not use any midges under indicator this time although I usually do each time I go. The fish were hitting with a slow retrieve as I kicked along with my pontoon boat. The bigger one I caught looked like it was maybe diseased as it had a big hump deformity, can't tell from the pic very well. Look forward to getting back up here again soon!!
[signature]
Can anyone give me a report o the dirt road on the north east side of the lake (the camping side).
I have a smaller 18' camping trailer and a boat in tow. Can I make it through easy enough.
Thinking spending the Memorial weekend there.
[signature]
Fly,

The water is high.

You are always, Welcome here.

Idaho
[signature]