Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello From SLC
Hello! I have looked at this forum sometime but finally decided to join! I do a lot of fishing while backpacking in the Uinta's. When I can't get there to do that I spend my time shorefishing at rockport, east canyon, and strawberry for the most part. I am looking to explore more of the reservoirs in northern Utah and in the boulder mountain area in south eastern Utah.
[signature]
Welcome to the site JZ, have you found the Utah Board yet? Would you say that you mainly fish for trout and if so, do you Fly fish?
WH2
[signature]
Welcome aboard. It looks like you found some nice waters.

I used to live in SLC myself. There is tons of good fishing out there.

Tight lines [fishon]
[signature]
Yes I mainly fish for trout. I have also target greyling before. That being said I will be up at pineview and Causey this weekend to try to catch tiger musky perch catfish kokanee and trout. I mostly fish with a spinning setup if I can and go to bait when the spinning is slow. I do have a fly rod, and I do fly fish and have caught a hand full of fish, but know almost nothing about it including technique knot tying etc. All the fish I have caught on a fly have been in the Uintas, the first being at Mill Hollow. It is something I am interested in doing more but know very little about. I have found the Utah board. How do I get access to the members board?
[signature]
OK, I was going to point you in the direction of our Fly fishing board, if that was something you were interested in. Here is a link for the requirements for the Utah Premium board, if that is what you are asking about:
http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gfo...ead#unread
[signature]