Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
island park crowds?
Hi Everyone! I live in Utah but I have a cabin available to me at Island Park Reservoir the week of July 17th. Since I have never been there I really don't want to pass on the offer. The question I have is how crowded will it be this time of year? I have a boat and would like to bring it with me to do some kokanee fishing. Would it be worth while to tow it up or will I be swarmed by wave runners and wake boarders? Since I've never been there I don't know if it is a big play lake or more of a low key fishing lake.
My other thought was maybe staying at Island Park but fishing on Henry's Lake. I am mostly into downrigger trolling but I don't know how effective that would be on Henry's.
Any info you could give me to help me decide would be appreciated.
Thanks!
[signature]
Henry's is only 23 feet deep you won't need your down riggers there . Island Park won't be a problem for power squad . Yes there are a few but nothing like Utah . If you come in think you will be very happy with the experience. I live there from May till January 15 . I will have better information for you when your visit gets closer .
[signature]
Thanks curt69, I appreciate your time. I'll check back on the forum before I head up that way.
[signature]
If you have time go into the park and try fishing YS lake for mac and us cutts. you have to kill all mac caught on yellow stone lake and also buy a fishing lisence and boat permit also try Lewis lake. If the fishing is bad the views are worth it and no crowds
[signature]
I would like to boat on Yellowstone lake one day. I have fished it from the shore but never from a boat. It would definitely be less crowded!
[signature]