Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brownlee?
Brownlee water level is VERY low. I was over there a few weeks ago and places that were 40-50 feet deep last year at this time, were out of the water. Not a good sign. Anyone know what to expect from the Crappie in Brownlee once the water comes back up? I've never seen the level fluctuations over there like they've introduced this year.

I'm thinking that the Crappie that were on the south end last year will be flushed north and may not return for quite some time....... [Sad] I hope I'm wrong. Anyone else have a opinion?
[signature]
thelast time we got big water in brownlee ,you couldn't hardly put a boat in at woodhead.there was so much junk in there that you had to be careful. it was pretty obvious that the crappie got flushed into oxbow as everybody was hammering them.some people were filling huge coolers with them.we were camped in mcormick park and got flooded out the friday before memorial day. with all the snow this could happen this year
[signature]
It appears that the last usable ramp, Woodhead, now at an elevation of 2022, would about be impossible to launch a larger boat.
Has anyone ever used the old gravel ramp over there?
I have never laid eyes on it.
My gut is telling me that it would be unwise to try to launch a large boat (21ft pontoon) due to fear of getting stuck in the gravel trying to pull it out.
Does anyone have any experience/input on that gravel ramp?
[signature]
I launched my 25 foot jetboat off of that ramp quite a few times. You have to back a long ways down to the water,but I never had any issues getting stuck.
[signature]
Thanks for the response.
I'll give it a shot if the water doesn't come back up enough by the time I want to head over.
[signature]