Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Huntington north report
Fished huntington north today for a couple hours. I was going to attach some pics of my catch. Trouble is they don't exist, pics or catch ! it sucked today . Never been skunked there before. I guess I have to learn a new way to hold my pole ?

[signature]
Me too, not even a follow. Water is up all the way and the fish are not eating at all. Was nice seeing and hearing the many loons on mthe lake. I even watched an osprey fish for awhile, he had no luck ither!
[signature]
Don't feel bad, I've fished it three times since March 8th for a total of 13 hours and I've caught a total of four fish. I'm not sure where the fish are hiding because the DWR stocked 2,000 rainbows on March 28th.
They must be teaching the fish at the hatchery what to look out for or we need to start using a pellet fly pattern.[Wink]
[signature]
Ya I have had some good days there the last 3 or 4 years for nice rainbows, some large mouth , and a few real nice wipers thrown in. But this the first I have saw it at full capacity for a few years, I'm wondering if that is messing with the fish appitites.
[signature]
I am betting the wipers are eating alot of those little planters, I know there are some big brownies still cruising in there, I even saw one good size trout cruising near the northside rocks. Too much food entering the res with all water coming in. Very picky fish, but you are right the planters should have at least wanted some of our offerings. Good luck and keep working it, we will too.
[signature]
I looked back on my fishing log and I have never done very well in April. May has been when I have had the best luck for the wipers and trout. The DWR stocked almost 10,000 small (3 1/2") channel catfish in there last year so that will be another species we can try and catch if the wipers didn't eat all of them.
The last time I was over there the water temperature was 48-51 degrees. When it gets into the mid to upper 50's the fishing should start picking up. There hasn't been any water coming in for awhile so it should be warming up.
[signature]