Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flashers
O.K. guys, I have been hearing about people using flashers and that they work well, but what are they and how do they work? Are they a light source that is atatched to your line like an attractor? What type of fishing are you using them on (trout, perch, bass, etc.). Thanks.
[signature]
There are 2 different types of flashers talked about on this site. One is just used as an attractor, like a Kastmaster, tied in line to flash when jigged. The other is a type of fish finder. That kind uses sonar to show you the depth, your jig, and hopefully the fishies, that are below the unit. The most popular ice fishing sonar/flasher is one made by Vexilar.
[signature]
Isn't P4L a third type of flasher seen on the ice?
[Jason I'm just kidding because you're such a good sport]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Let me imagine that....[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]ahhh, no. I'd rather take a hot steel spike to the eyes before seeing that![/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Seriously though, you're talking about flashers for trolling? Something like this?[/size][/font]

[Image: i110986sq02.jpg]
[signature]
I have seen people use those flashers (dodgers) ice fishing at the Berry for a attractor . I didn't notice if they caught anything on them . Seem kind of heavy but it might help for big fish down deep .
[signature]
I know alot of guys that use them(dodgers) to get the koks up to the berry. they take turns with one on there pole and keep it jigging all the time seems to work for them. I know someguy that made a jigging machine out of a windshield wiper motor so he don't have to jig himself,and a fish cop said that as long as there were no hookes on it anywere it was cool. he comes home with his limit of koks and bows all the time.
[signature]
I've been using my Vexilar Fl8slt now for 3 years, mostly at the Berry for trout and it works really well! I can see my bait and any fish that comes swimming by and if they get close to my bait it flashes red which means the fish is about ready to gulp down the bait. I would say my flasher was well worth the price since I've got it my ice fishing has improved 95%!
[signature]
A friend of mine's dad fishes the Berry by drilling two holes. Down one hole he attaches a flasher (aka dodger) without any hooks on it to one rod. Down the other hole he fishes with the usual ice fishing tackle. He periodically reaches over and jigs the rod with the flasher on it. Hey Danzilla, we need to make one of those windshield wiper flasher jiggers and give it a try!
[signature]
He He He you've got my full attention
[signature]
[crazy]hey now, wouldnt that Winshield wiper jig machine fit into the (OT) about stuff? if you make one let me know I need more stuff, and apparently more batteries. [Tongue]
[signature]