Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lost Creek or East Canyon?
I Have a few hours to fish this afternoon/night, and both these bodies of water are roughly the same distance from me. I have been to lost creek a couple of times, but never to east canyon. My main goal tonight is to catch fish. Doesn't matter what kind, or what size. I will be shore fishing. Any advice as to which of these would be better this time of the year?

Thanks
[signature]
EC was hot a few weeks ago, not sure about LC. Hope you got into some wherever you went.
[signature]
Ended up at east canyon. Threw out spinners and lures for an hour with no success. Finally put a worm on under a bobber and turned most of my attention to enjoying the peace and quiet (I was the only one there as far as I could tell) and reading my book. Looked up several times to see my bobber swimming away, but was only fast enough to set the hook a couple of times. Of those times, only managed to land one 14" rainbow. I also saw numerous deer on the way home, making this trip a great success in my opinion. Maybe next time I'll leave the book home Smile
[signature]
Cool, maybe LC will be the next spot.
[signature]
doing Lost Creek tomorrow..will post after wards
[signature]
[quote deafman]doing Lost Creek tomorrow..will post after wards[/quote]

Good luck!
[signature]
Sounds like a nice mini vacation, with a decent background setting for a relaxing read! Sorry the fishing wasn't fast action, but sounds like a stress free day!
[signature]
[quote Jonthecook]Ended up at east canyon. Threw out spinners and lures for an hour with no success. Finally put a worm on under a bobber and turned most of my attention to enjoying the peace and quiet (I was the only one there as far as I could tell) and reading my book. Looked up several times to see my bobber swimming away, but was only fast enough to set the hook a couple of times. Of those times, only managed to land one 14" rainbow. I also saw numerous deer on the way home, making this trip a great success in my opinion. Maybe next time I'll leave the book home Smile[/quote]

Sounds like you got in some good therapy! EC deer have caused me to slam on my brakes a few times, and then there are the sheep that are there sometimes crossing the road so you need to be careful.
[signature]
went to lost creek. spent four hours trolling had three hits when we first started then nothing.. Road in is worse than ever!!go slow
[signature]
EC is dead to me.

I've been to LC just a few times last year and had success trolling a worm. Maybe 3-4 rainbows each afternoon. KSL Outdoors ice fished it this winter and pulled out some big, beautiful rainbows and cutthroats.

The DWR also stocks a few hundred large splakes each year.

LC has a slot on all trout, though, 15"-22".
[signature]