Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flaming Gorge rainbows?
Just wondering if any rainbows are starting to pile up near the creeks? I work for CPAs so I'm ready for a good break next week. Hoping to go catch some fish with my kids.
[signature]
It seems that someone said they were at the creek inlets, it's about that time anyways! Good luck and let us know, may want to shoot Ryno a PM and ask him.
[signature]
The Fly fisherman are lined up at linwood bay in the afternoon's next to the boat launch catching them. As it warms up they are cruising the edges of the bays. Good luck, stay out of the wind!!
[signature]
They are but the water clarity can be an issue due to runoff. The back of the bays has been better for me.
[signature]
They are, but I've been doing better fishing the backs of bays/coves and along shallow rocky points within Sheep Creek and Hideout Bays. They receive a lot less pressure than inlet areas this time of year. Lately I've done better casting with pink marabous, but brown, olive, white, and black will work too. I've even caught some casting Xraps, but they're far easier to handle with jigs.

Good luck! Ryno
[signature]
That's what I have found, fishing the rocky edges all the way from eagle creek to hideout.
[signature]
Last weekend they were packed in Sheep Creek bay! They weren't picky either! Didn't go more than 10 minutes without a fish on. All real nice deep colored spawners. Most were over 20" with the biggest being a 25 inch fatty!
[signature]