Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mill race/Provo bay
Hey! Anyone know if the mill race/sportsmans launch to Provo bay is accessible? Wanted to drop the duck boat in and run the motor for a bit, last time I went out there they had put a block on the ramp.
Thanks!
[signature]
They still have the cement blocks up. I've been itching to get my duck boat down there and go bow fishing. I wish the would remove the blocks so we can use the access. We only need 6 inches of water to float our boats.I haven't been down to swedes lane to see if we can launch there.
[signature]
Hopefully with some higher water levels they will open it back up. They closed it because search and rescue was working O/T on the save stranded duck hunters. Or at least that's what I'm told. Hopefully swedes is open. I really don't want to take a 14' Jon boat from UL state park to Provo bay. My arm is tired just thinking about it.
[signature]
i was down there when they closed it. i got stuck on the opening of the duck hunt that year, but we was able to hop out and push out. during the day, i marked the channel on my gps, so i could navigate during the darker hours. the past 2 years i call the dwr asking about it. it seems like they think its a hassel having it opened.
[signature]