Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When is White Bass Spawn at UL?
Looking forward to more white bass with carp population declining. When is the WB spawn?
[signature]
Usually a good bet the week before till the week after memorial day.

Mike
[signature]
[#0000FF]General answer: usually sometime in May. They start schooling up when the water reaches 60 and the spawn happens around 65 degrees. But every year is different...with different water levels and different water temps, etc.

Don't look for a big deal this year. The white bass have been in decline the past three years of low water, with poor spawns and lower food supplies. But there are some good sized survivors if you can find them.

Water levels should be up high enough for a good spawn this year and the fish should show up in all the standard places...just not as many of them.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
I was there yesterday caught a few white bass and every one of them spunked all over the boat...no eyes....
[signature]
[#0000FF]Sounds like the warm March got the eyes spawned out and the white bass males in the mood. But until the females ripen and move in for the festivities it will be mostly males. Just like humans...the guys always get to the party early...looking for love.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Exactly!! Did manage a few smalls at east canyon Thurs 3 over 4 pounds! The wind was a fight tho!!
[signature]
[#0000FF]Nice work on the EC smallies. Good to know there are still some decent sized fish in there. The happy harvesters usually keep everything they catch. But the bigger fish don't get bigger by being dumb. Not many big smallies fall for the silly stuff used by troutaholics.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Hahaha indeed my friend! All those big mama's are still there fat and happy that I had the pleasure of meeting!!
[signature]
I was just wondering what you were doing when you caught the smallies i am going out later this week.
[signature]
Covering lots of water casting cranks fish were few and far between but they were good ones the few that bit! More rainbows than anything!
[signature]