Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard 4th trip 2017
Due to work demands and weather conditions, yesterday was first time I was able to get on WB in about 3 weeks. Except for the 1 Cat caught by the wife last month, I've not had a fish in the boat yet. So no fish report,(skunk #4) but information that may be helpful.
1: access road in from Smith and Edwards has been mostly repaired, not paved yet, but crossable. (Most everyone probably already knows this)
2: South Marina new fish cleaning station is installed and operational, although I have not had the need to use it yet [:/]
3: Water levels are at safe launch depth and anywhere from 5 fow at the end of the dock, to over 25 feet in south west areas of main body. Not sure how or why, but the left hand dock at south marina is over against the ramp and looks as if one of the mooring cables broke or was cut. [unimpressed] Water coming in from the baffles is at medium velocity, and quite muddy. Water clarity improves a bit by the time you get out near the island, or into Freeway Bay.
4: Water surface temps yesterday when I was there started at 51.0 F at the dock and just before I quit for the day was 55.1 F as I was slow trolling back from Freeway Bay.
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
I'm going to guess that wind moved the dock. I measured a gust of 35 at my house the other day, and Willard may have been even windier.
[signature]