Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard Apr 15 Shore fishing
I took my two boys out to Willard yesterday afternoon/evening. We first went to the inlet. Last year we fished between the two shores by entering by the power plant. There used to be a dirt mound that extended out to the right (northeast) of the inlet. This year that dirt mound is completely under water and the water is coming in much faster. It is completely brown and still really cold. The current is really strong too making it virtually impossible for two young boys to fish there. We only stayed there maybe 45 minutes. We tried mussels and worms and a couple jigs there.

We then went up to the north marina, hoping the water would be warmer and we could get some action. We also used mussels, worms and jigs trying for crappie. We only had one bite on the mussels there and missed it. I think the cold snap and just the overall cool weather/water, they havent fully turned on yet. We did see some people at the beach in the marina that had some good sized catfish, they must have been there all day to get those. Overall the weather was nice and my boys just did what boys do and played around exploring, etc.

Hopefully in the next couple weeks things really get going.

Edit: Also had my bow with me looking for carp but also didnt see any of those. I will try to post once I see carp for the bow fisherman as well.
[signature]
If you didn't see an army of happy snaggers at the inlet, then Willard isn't ready yet.
[signature]
No doubt about that Rocky. There were a few but definitely not the crowds that will come.
[signature]
The Spawn is 80 to 90 % over the channel slaughter already happened.

I talked with the Utah DWR guys and they have been collecting eggs again this year and confirmed the spawn is basically done.
[signature]
We missed our chance for annual outrage and blame-casting?

Shucks.
[signature]
That's crazy it's already over. We were mostly chasing wipers anyway, and want to get after some crappie too.
[signature]
Willard can sure be tough when the weather is variable like this year. So many places I'd like to be fishing now it's hard to choose, thanks for the report. later J
[signature]