Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2017 Flotilla Anyone????
Hey sorry for the short notice, but it's flotilla time and well just cause it's been raining a lot doesn't mean we can't have another great get together... So here's some preliminary details... Where: Willard Bay When: Saturday May 6.... Most likely we will try the Pelican Bay Pavilion like the last two years... This is at the north marina... jjannie will be heading the food committee and I hear rumors of chili maybe? We could really use some help rounding up some prizes for drawings... Not sure if we will do the fishing contest this year for prizes since it gets us into issues with the permitting and using the location... So we may have a for bragging rights only contest this year... and prizes will be by drawing... We will plan on starting early and fishing the morning and then coming together at 12:00 in the pavilion for a bite to eat and there is talk of a tackle building demo by Pat (Tubedude) (don't think we've asked him yet, so not sure he can do it..) and we'd like to have a swap meet type deal, if you have tackle you make and would like to sell a little or skills you do, like taxidermy or whatever, as long as it's fishing related... Why don't you bring a little bling and some show items and let's take a look at what you have... For the rest of us, let's bring a little extra money in case we see something we need... Which brings up the funding question... Last year it cost $60 to rent the pavilion, so this year we'd like to ask for a donation to help cover the cost of the food and facility... Not sure what the recommended amount will be and I think Jill will be asking some for food help, so that will be considered payment in kind... Anyway more later if that is okay with everyone... Now let me know how many are interested and if you may bring some items for the swap meet... Sorry lot to cover and I'm sort of an airhead and running short on time... So look for additions to this post with more detail later... J
[signature]
[#0000FF]If there is power available at our location I would be happy to demo pouring and/or painting jigs.

Could also demo making the "hot heads" I use for the painted head flies.

Something else for which there might be interest would be custom painting plastics.

Anything else?
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
I'll be there.
[signature]
That would be great Pat, I'll have Jill find out if the power will be on there yet or not... How about bringing your tube and setting it up as a demo like a car and boat show??? I'm sure lot's of BFT'ers would love to see all the cool things you've done to build that machine... I know I have sure liked getting your tips on how to rig mine better... Thanks Pat... Later J
[signature]
Sounds good to me.
[signature]
Good hope you can join us again this year... J
[signature]
[#0000FF]Duhhhh. If'n I'm gonna fish I will likely bring my tube. And I'll even let other folks look at it.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Well just wanted to ask in case.... thanks J
[signature]
There is supposed to be but last year it never worked - so we'll bring our generator just in case....
you know you can count on me showing up but probably will not be able to bring prizes this year [bobSad][bobSad][bobSad] But i can help with something else if you need
[signature]
count me in,waiting to hear if I'll have company or what.....sounds like i'll have two along with myself
[signature]
Hey that's great Greg, got a spot in the boat if you want... Might have a couple of my YM too, but we should fit... Bring Landon if he wants to come... Let us know if you do for a food count... I figured with the new job, you most likely wouldn't have the bling that you did at the previous company... But we appreciated all the great prizes last year... Anyway we'll plan on you... Thanks J
[signature]
We will for sure, are you bringing the family again this year? Let us know how many to plan on, if you don't mind... Nice to get to visit with you at the BFT events, I don't run into you much the rest of the year... Let's hope for nice weather and hungry fish... Thanks for the support... J
[signature]
We've had a very generous BFT member that has offered to pay the $75 state fee for using the pavilion this year, so we can keep the costs down to the price of the food and your park pass or entry fee.... Jil does a great job on making a good meal and taking care of us... Now if we can get some calmer weather and active fish, it will be a perfect day... Thank you for your kind donation... J
[signature]
I'll come . enjoy meeting more of the BFT members
[signature]
There's Always Time For One More Cast
Be great to have ya there Ahi, been fun to visit at the Bay and Awards Banquet... Been known to have BLK show up to these in the past to talk catfish smack, be nice to have a northerner of the same level to compare notes... Thanks for the support... J
[signature]
[#0000bf]So if I use Tubedude colors I hope you'll read this part.... Do any of you know vendors that would be interested in joining the swap meet and perhaps doing demos of their products? I've always wished there was a format or location where you could go try different fish finders or lures on the water or try a Terrova vs an Ulterra or even a Motorguide motor and see which is more your fit... Just a way out thought, but wouldn't it be cool to make this event be an on water trade show of sorts? I know it won't happen this year on the short prep time, but let's ask the question to those places where we spend our dollars on toys and see if we could start something like this.... If I've been smelling too much pollen then tell me to go back to sleep, but I sure would like to see how things work before I drop $2000 on a motor or $1000 on a fish finder... or even spend $30 on tackle that didn't work or wish I would have bought more of the stuff while it was available.. On water tips of how to fish different lures would be great too... Took me a long time to realize there was more than just cast and retrieve... Must admit my catch rate went way up when I started changing things up... Anyway just a thought.... J[/#0000bf]
[signature]
[#0000FF]Hey, hey, hey.

Watch it.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Hey Jeff-- Sounds fun and I'd like to come just for the socializing and maybe learn something new. But... my 54th wedding anniversary that weekend and Sweet Wife has made clear that if I want to see number 55 I better not be fishin' that day.

Fishing is always better when there is peace at home.

I'll make it to the awards banquet to pick up my first place trophy this Fall. See you then and good luck with your flotilla. Will be watching to hear all about it.

BLK
[signature]
Sorry, I know when TD speaks folks listen, so my bad... I'll go back to my color... Thanks for the authority though for that message... Later J
[signature]