Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
attaching pop gear/flasher/dodger directly to the downrigger ball
So I was reading up on this a bit and was wondering if anyone had tried this at the gorge with positive results? Seems to be popular in the great lakes, folks will attach the flasher or pop gear directly to the ball and attach the lure or bait above it a few feet off a stacker release, the result is you are only fighting the fish and not the large blades upon retrieval.
[signature]
I have used it on many occasions at the gorge and Bear lake. yes, I have had great success with it. Just remember when you place your stacker clip up your cable, that you give ample room for you ball troll to move upward once you start going forward, if not you will tangle.

I recommend that you get down to depths of at least 40 feet before you start to use it for better results.

Good luck!!!
[signature]
[quote RILEYFISH]I have used it on many occasions at the gorge and Bear lake. yes, I have had great success with it. Just remember when you place your stacker clip up your cable, that you give ample room for you ball troll to move upward once you start going forward, if not you will tangle.

I recommend that you get down to depths of at least 40 feet before you start to use it for better results.

Good luck!!![/quote]

Spacing seems to be the key as well as not lowering the ball too quickly to avoid tangling, I will have to give it a try next weekend.
[signature]