Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
a few new streamers
My most successful lure at Strawberry last year was a CD 9 rainbow rapala. I decided to try to make a streamer that would do a similar job. They're based on the articulated ice pick streamer, which you can find lots of tying videos for online. Here is one:
https://vimeo.com/17920325

The basic idea is that its a marabou tail with a rabbit above and a dubbing brush body. Add in sparkle as inspired. This is my first effort so I'm not sure it will be a success. I've heard some people say that a weightless head is better than a weighted head for articulated streamers, as it gives a more natural swimming motion. This makes sense to me. With jerkbaits, we often want the bait to suspend rather than sink, so I think the natural suspending of an articulated fly might be best. But I often lack the discipline to switch to a sinking tip line, so I'm going to try these first.
[signature]
I'd be happy to help you try some of those. Just send me 3-4 and I'll let you know how they work.

[Smile]
[signature]
yeah, me too. I would happily take a few of those off your hand and give them a good test twirl. I would try them on trout, bass, and tiger musky and could give detailed accounts of their successes or lack thereof...just let me know!
[signature]