Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starvation a mixed bag
I decided with all the crappy weather we have coming I'd better get out today. I started about 7:30 and fished until 2:00 when the wind got to be more than I could handle. I used a slow sinking line (#2) and size 6-8 bead head leeches and buggers in 7' -12' FOW. I picked up my first walleye of the year along with my first smallmouth of the year. The water hasn't warmed up much since my last trip, it's still 47-48 degrees and the visibility in the water of about 8'. The reservoir level is coming up, it's 78% full. I ended up catching rainbows, browns, walleye, and smallmouth. I invited a couple of the walleye home for dinner and everything else went back.[Wink]
[signature]
Very nice!

I am sure that several of those would have made great dinner guest, but I think you chose the "classy" guest to honor at the table.[Wink]
[signature]
I enjoyed your post and pics, especially since I sure wasn't brave enough to venture out with the forecast being for nasty stuff. Looks like you did very well. Those loons are sure pretty, always love seeing them. That first pic makes me miss Starvation, I sure need to get up there again!
[signature]
I have to take advantage of the walleye opportunity when it comes along.

I have had a hard time putting that kind of meat on the table the last couple of years.[Wink]
[signature]
It looks like the weather is going to keep us from doing much fishing anywhere for the next week or so.

Everything at Starvation seems to be a few weeks behind this year (like so many other Utah waters) so you will have plenty of chances to get up there while there is good fishing.

I like Starvation for the variety of fish that are in there. Your never sure what might hook into.[Wink]

The loons are fun to watch and listen to. There are more loons than I have ever seen before
[signature]
[#0000FF]Nice work. A "Starvy slam"...4 species.

I'm guessing it will be no problem to refill the lake this year.

That male brown looks a bit lean. Needs to eat more perch.

Love the loons.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Thanks, Pat.

The walleye and bass were a surprise with the water temps where they are at.

It seems like most of the browns that I have picked up there are on the lean side. They probably have a hard time competing with the walleye for the perch.

Your right about Starvation filling up. It has come up one foot in the last three days and the Duchesne River drainage snowpack is still at 156% of normal.
[signature]