Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard 7th trip 2017
Lots of water, little bit of wind, the bugs are huge and sticking with ya even in a lite wind, kinda like the Big Fat Skunk I took home again. Skunk # 7 [pirate]
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
I was hoping to read a better report than that! Of course, those fish are just fasting and waiting for me to get there. The bugs are those nasty midges, I presume, that get in your eyes, your ears, your nose, even your mouth if you leave it hanging open for too long.
[signature]
Yep. Bugs are bigger this year than I remember from any years. Usually a nice breeze keeps them down. Had more than just a breeze out there today, and they hovered right over me like we were all in the same bubble.
Marked lots of fish all over the south part of the water for over 4 hours today. But at least for me they all had lock jaw, or already full. Talked to 2 other boaters pulling out same time I was. We all had 1 thing in common, we had to share our ride home with a skunk.....[:/]
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
[#0000FF]Sometimes consistency is a good thing...but not when it involves a bad thing (skunk).

Sorry the fish ain't showin' ya more love. But at least you got a lot of other folks in the same (different) boats.

I'm looking for the water temps to jump up this week. But the fishing may take a few more days to kick in. The fish are adjusting to the higher water and changing temperatures. Once they decide where they wanna hang out and eat then the fishermen have to find the active fish and an effective pattern. That is likely to take some looking and experimenting.

There is probably about twice as much water in Willard as there was last year...but the same number of fish...minus a few that have already been caught. The fish will be constantly moving around and are likely to show up in places they would not have been during last year's lower water. I suspect there will be a lot more action closer to the rocks this year with the higher water.

Look forward to seeing you and your child bride at the get together on Saturday.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Willard is always a hit and miss place for me. Yesterday however was one of the best days ive had there. Had 3 on the boat and filled 3 limits and started turning the smaller ones back. We boated some where around 15ish, lost a few and missed a few....

Here's a pic of a few toads!!!

Tight lines,
Linker Slayer....
[signature]
Nice Job!
[signature]