Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pelican 5/4
Ran out for the day to see how things are warming up.

Arrived at around noon and the topwater action was already in full swing.

Fished with a crankbait for a few minutes and the gills were more than happy to play.

Spent the rest of the day fishing with a frog until just before dusk and finished the day off with some buzz bait action.

Average size on the bass is up a couple of inches with the largestfish of the day pushing three pounds.
[signature]
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
That's awesome! Nice job. I appreciate the report.
[signature]
Very nice! That can be such a fun place to catch fish. Enjoy it while you can before it's treated in the next few years.
[signature]
I'm glad that they are going to treat it and get the carp out of there. I miss the days of catching bluegill so big that you can barely get your hand around the to take out the hook.

Back in the 90's my friend hooked a monster gill that almost covered the bottom of a five gallon bucket. When we weighed it at home it was just a few ounces shy of being a new state record. The bass fishing was pretty good too.
[signature]
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
Remember the latest DWR treatment date is now fall of 2018. They just couldn't get all the pieces of the puzzle in place for 2017 much as they would have liked to do it this year.
[signature]
I believe there'll be a whole lot more enjoyment after the treatment.
It's been about a year and a half since Red Fleet was treated, and all indications are that it's doing quite well.

[red]⫸[/red][orange]<{[/orange][yellow]{{[/yellow][green]{{[/green][size 4][blue]⦇[/blue][/size][blue]°[/blue][#8000FF]>[/#8000FF]
[signature]
Yes things seem to be moving along nicely there. All introductions seem to have taken well so far. Water is up so we should have another good spawn of perch, crappie, and fathead minnow. Wiper, walleye and trout are growing nicely.
[signature]