Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard Cinco de Mayonaisse
So, as I was loading my 'Yak and chatting with a brand new Hobie Outback owner named Mike (who I recruited to the board) somebody launched a full-fledged, no kidding Cigarette Boat. You know...those 40-foot long monsters with twin 1000-hp aircraft engines they use to outrun the Customs folks smuggling drugs into Miami.

I couldn't unpack my camera soon enough to catch him before he thundered off at Mach Holeechit speeds, probably burning 10 gallons in every boat length. I'm not sure how many drugs he smuggled the length of Willard Bay, but it must have been impressive...

Bright orange beast of a boat, throwing a massive roostertail - but the woman board wasn't naked. Bummer.

The fishing? I had a nice crappie on with my second cast. He let go, but I thought it was going to be a bonzer day.

Wrong...
[signature]
Haha nice report.. sounds like the boat was an ultimate power squadron! Would love to see that thing pulling a water skier full speed.
[signature]
Did you launch out of the North Marina this morning about 7:30 or so? I noticed a gentleman launching in a toon about the same time I was, thought that might be you.
[signature]
I parked right next to you, PackFan. I'm a kayak guy, though. And when I left, your trailer was still there.
[signature]
Saw that boat Myself Friday. Went across Willard from the east side to the west in about 1 minute. Finally something fast enough to troll for Wipers.
[signature]
I have seen some major douche canoes at Willard but that one sounds like it wins the award for best.
[signature]
[#0000FF]I have had the dubious "pleasure" of sharing the water with several "Nimitz class" craft over the years. One of the "best" was one that launched at Lindon (Utah Lake) a few years back...during high water. It sounded like Armageddon when it opened up and totally freaked out all living things on Utah Lake while making its roostertail rounds.

[inline "BIG BOAT.JPG"]

[/#0000FF]
[signature]
I'll make sure I drop by and say hi next time I see you. I Plan on fishing this Weds to next Tues. will be in campsite # 73.
[signature]
Sounds like you are enjoying that retired life.
[signature]
Man you know it, sometimes I wonder why I waited so long. [cool]
[signature]