Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fri. May 5, East Canyon
Busy Spring, but I finally made it out to EC for a little trolling...Pretty windy when I started, 0900, but died down about 1030....I had my canoe today, set up good for trolling with an elec. troller, but it's Dang Hard controlling in the wind, like we had to start....No matter though, as the fish were cooperating on rainbow colored lures (needlefish and Daredevil) and rainbow and silver Rapallas....so I didn't mind too much going in circles while playing some pretty nice 'bows....lots of activity on the res, as it was dotted with all sorts of craft, from 'tunes to a couple pontoon barges....I thought Fri. was safe, but that was too much activity for me....fish were pretty frisky today, jumping like crazy when hooked, and 4 or 5 got a self-release that way....Overall pretty fun A.M....Guluk...
[signature]
Thanks for the report Joe, sounds like a good morning up there. Haven't you heard, Fri is the new Sat[Wink]. It seems to me anymore, that with the amount of people I see on the water on Fri is about the same as Sat but that will likely change when Summer gets here and even more people come outdoors to play.
[signature]
roger on that Curt.....maybe just Mon thru Thurs on our closer bodies of water for awhile.....my boat will be ready in about 10 days, maybe we can try her out soon after....
Canoe is great on calm days, but those winds are hard to predict....Joe
[signature]
We were launching our pontoon barge when you were walking down the ramp to get in your canoe.We tore'em up also. Good ole popgear and a worm and also a solo Rapala was the ticket. Frisky pullin trout when they can launch even while hanging a popgear out of their mouths. Awesome day to be out.
[signature]
Yup, it's been good fishin' there at EC this Spring....don't know if it's the added water, maybe the amount of new planters, maybe the stars are just lining up right for awhile....but I was out with another buddy this AM and we did very well again....
[signature]